Quantcast

Hope SP-AM4 on Stans Flow Rims

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Just got these through the post this morning :biggrin:

Can't wait to batter these things down a hill and see if they are as good as people say, just got to decide whether to run them with tubeless or standard dual ply tyres now. First race on 'em in 2 weeks and it's gonna be a tad rocky :D

Will get more (better) pics if anyone is interested in seeing the wheels in detail.

Discuss!

dhjunke

Chimp
Oct 28, 2008
Yeah price and where did you get them?

Was wondering if they can be ordered with the 20mm and 12mm TA

Heard while back that hope hoops were being outfitted with flows or mavics now.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
I don't quite get it :|
These are these new Hope hubs, which are compatible with Hope brakes, only, right? What spokes are these??
I expected such setup to be lighter...
Isn't Pro II/DT/Stan's wheelset lighter?
What tires are you gonna use on these wheels?

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
You can order them from any Hope dealer. Hope can supply rotors which will be compatible with 99% of brakes.

To be honest I was expecting them to come out a bit lighter but I'm still well impressed with them they look sweet.

Pictured is 20mm front and 150/12mm bolt through rear with Stans yellow rim strips and tubeless valves. And the rotor is a 203mm.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Those are really neat, great to see them out in the wild. I love straight pull spokes, and the 4 bolt rotor is pretty neat too.

May 6, 2004
Hi
Long term feedback on these rims yet?
Thanks

Just got these through the post this morning :biggrin:

Can't wait to batter these things down a hill and see if they are as good as people say, just got to decide whether to run them with tubeless or standard dual ply tyres now. First race on 'em in 2 weeks and it's gonna be a tad rocky :D

Will get more (better) pics if anyone is interested in seeing the wheels in detail.

Discuss!