Quantcast

$$$$ Hopefully selling the apartment TUESDAY GTM $$$$

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Closing on the NY apartment today. Its coming down to the wire with a couple of people in the COOP trying to make life difficult for us. I am not surprise as this is not the first time I have experienced strange behaviour in New York. Our lawyer is doing all he can to push everything through and make people realize they have no clue what they are talking about. Fingers crossed as I need the cash to pay for the new house.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Went for walk around the city this afternoon and tried to visit the Vietnam War museum but didn't have any dong to get in. Came back to the hotel cause I was a sweaty mess. Gotta go find some dinner then I suppose get in bed early.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

I'm trying to make sense of the massive pile of folders sitting on my desk. Sure would love a nap.

I'm going to do the zombie shamble over to the coffee machine and see what we can do about that.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
My daughter dropped a huge metal stool on her foot last night resulting in a trip to walk-in care. Toe is not broken, but is pretty smashed up. She will be fine but can't swim for a week. That bummed her out quite a bit.

I also saw a black bear crossing the road on my way into work today. Nice to see animals in the wild.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HEY THERE NOW MLAO!

Masters swim this morning and I took my new swimskin for a test drive. Not to be confused with a wetsuit, a swimskin is a thin super tight onesie with Teflon coated material that increases speed by reducing drag, used in triathlons when the water is too warm and wetsuits are illegal. I've got a race next weekend that almost guarantees a non-wetsuit swim, so I need to get used to the swimskin a little. Speaking of which, off road sprint tri tonight.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Morning All. I sit here and question the masculinity of a person who wears a teflon coated onesie, but what can you say about Tri-geeks that hasn't already been said :happydance:

weather was cool this morning. Good for repeatedly lifting heavy things in the garage. Tennis tonight at 8, hoping we find an agreeable fourth Rain forecast has set me on the path to grumpy. I do not want a rainy July 4th holiday. That is a good way to ruin a 4 day weekend. Camping in Asheville and checking out a show at Pisgah Brewery might be plan B.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
the water is off at the office while they work on it, so place is closed until 11. i forgot, security let me in, and i now have a blissful 2 hours of peace and quiet.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. CX bike to be picked up tonight and fork race put onto Haley's bike. Her bike should be finished tonight and we should be able to ride tomorrow evening. She's getting antsy to try her new bike out. We live on a hill, so it will be pretty funny that we're going to drive the .5 miles to the basketball court, but meh.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
laurel/pilot if you feel like driving up there. or a squirrel out and back, again, if you feel like driving over.
if starting from brevard, some combo of bennett, (buckwheat), avery, black, sycamore.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Two nights in a row of eating Thai food apparently leads to 3 PRs on my morning commute. :D

Tomorrow morning I think I'll sneak in a quick loop at White Ranch before working the afternoon and evening alike.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I just wanted to thank all of you who stops by the GMT threads and takes the time to share a trivial moment of your meaningless existence. Thank you!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Laurel/Pilot, Black Mountain/Sycamore?
laurel/pilot if you feel like driving up there. or a squirrel out and back, again, if you feel like driving over.
if starting from brevard, some combo of bennett, (buckwheat), avery, black, sycamore.
Can and do recommend Black. But only if you do it from the very top. :D

Pilot was awesome... Laurel, well...ass kicking is all I can say. Especially after riding up from the Turkey Pen. :busted:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Last day of paternity leave. Not pleased, though it's a 3 day work week followed by a 4 day weekend. Good way to ease back into it.

Mom-bot has 12 paid weeks off (with an option for 4 more @ 70% pay), so there will likely be a lot of beach house staying with baby and MIL, which means a lot of doorless Jeep, bike and golf time for dad during the work week through the summer. I'll take it.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Rehearsal tonight. Performance Saturday.

Returning my Arturia Beatstep. It's a pain in the ass to sync the midi clock, and the midi programming memory is forgetful. Probably swap for a Launchpad Mini.

New shoes en route, along with guitar picks. Trying to talk myself off a $2k bass purchase.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Ride yesterday was weird. Aside from falling into a creek due to a bridge being out after a pretty blind corner, the bike felt like ass in terms of suspension performance. I became suspicious and when I got home, I reset all the dials to my previously recorded settings. Sure enough, someone had turned the compression up to full on the fork and rear shock....none of my usual suspect buddies have copped to the deed (and those dipshits would pull something like that) so I'm left wondering who in the hell would do that--presumably while bike was on the hitch rack in our parking deck.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ride yesterday was weird. Aside from falling into a creek due to a bridge being out after a pretty blind corner, the bike felt like ass in terms of suspension performance. I became suspicious and when I got home, I reset all the dials to my previously recorded settings. Sure enough, someone had turned the compression up to full on the fork and rear shock....none of my usual suspect buddies have copped to the deed (and those dipshits would pull something like that) so I'm left wondering who in the hell would do that--presumably while bike was on the hitch rack in our parking deck.
cover the dials with jb weld.