Quantcast

Hot Sauce Recipe?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Anyone ever make their own or have a simple recipe?

I have a plethora of jalapenos left and have already pickled a huge jar of them, so it'd be cool to do something else with them.

I also have these tiny little red peppers, which were I think are tobasco peppers?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yeah we are still working on finishing the jalapenos that we pickled last year :rofl:

I once purchased a jar of carrots and jalapenos.......did not enjoy :( I'm not a huge fan of carrots, unless they are straight up raw.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

This won't last and not sure what the obsession is with cheese sticks :rofl:, but I had something like this drizzled on enchiladas years ago, I wish I had the recipe, it was so good. But perhaps I remember incorrectly and they had made it with poblanos?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i've definitely made my own hot sauce before.

first recommendation: use nitrile gloves.

beyond that, peppers, garlic, onions, vinegar. lots of recipes can be found online. boil it up, food process to your desired consistency, bottle/jar.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Anyone ever make their own or have a simple recipe?

I have a plethora of jalapenos left and have already pickled a huge jar of them, so it'd be cool to do something else with them.

I also have these tiny little red peppers, which were I think are tobasco peppers?

½ pound ground beef 80/2
1 ¼ cups water, plus more as needed
1 tablespoon white vinegar
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground allspice
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon ground thyme
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon

1. Cook ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease.

2. Transfer cooked beef to a blender and process until finely minced. chop with spatula works to.

3. Return minced, cooked beef to the skillet. Add 1 1/4 cups water, vinegar (a tbs), paprika, black pepper, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt, allspice, cloves, cumin, thyme, and cinnamon. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, then cook for at least 30 minutes, adding water as needed to keep the mixture moist and gravy-like. Take it easy on the cloves and allspice. Trust me on this. Goes good with spaghetti.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Whipped this up tonight. Split and roasted a bunch of Tomatillos and garlic cloves in the broiler, chopped up red onion, cilantro, 4 large diced Habaneros, dash of salt, coriander, cumin, raw sugar, lime juice, red wine vinegar and blended in the food processor. Really hot and tasty

20240307_203233.jpg
20240307_203244.jpg
cilantro and onions.jpg
20240307_203848.jpg
20240307_203954.jpg