Quantcast

How cool is this video?...

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
looks good. With all the local talent though I'd like to see a focus on local locales as well :) Sick riding no doubt...

E.T.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
NorCal
There will be a local talent section that should be sick. Santa Cruz/ Aptos is like a breeding grounds for talented riders. Just look at how many of them made it into the Race Face UFC...

And for those of you who didn't know, there will be 9 video segments in all. Make sure to check back every Wednesday for the new segment.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
The talent around Santa Cruz is out of control. Especially all you kiddies over at the post office! I don't know what it is, but you guys seem to rule it everywhere you go.

I've never really ridden anywhere outside the greater bay area, so for all of you that have been to Whistler, toured the National circuit, etc. etc. Would you say the level of talent, and progression of riding everywhere else is similar to what it is here in Santa Cruz? Or are the riders here in Santa Cruz better then everyone else? Especially when it comes to dirt jumping, it just seems like this area is producing far superior riders then other areas. When ever I go jump, it seems like for every Cam McCual there are 10 guys no one has ever heard of doing things that are just ridiculous!

version_8

Chimp
May 19, 2003
norcal
scurban said:
The talent around Santa Cruz is out of control. Especially all you kiddies over at the post office! I don't know what it is, but you guys seem to rule it everywhere you go.

I've never really ridden anywhere outside the greater bay area, so for all of you that have been to Whistler, toured the National circuit, etc. etc. Would you say the level of talent, and progression of riding everywhere else is similar to what it is here in Santa Cruz? Or are the riders here in Santa Cruz better then everyone else? Especially when it comes to dirt jumping, it just seems like this area is producing far superior riders then other areas. When ever I go jump, it seems like for every Cam McCual there are 10 guys no one has ever heard of doing things that are just ridiculous!
SC does seem to be the epicenter for talent, especially dirtjumping. The Aptos kids are off the hook, it's not just Cam anymore. It's great to see these kids rip so hard, also gotta love the parent support behind the scene.

On another note, that transfer hip into the s berms at post office is so sick! Was that built recently?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
nice riding. please ask the web designer to make the height in the embed tag 15 pixels more than the video's height. as it is the controller is partially blocked

E.T.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
NorCal
version_8 said:
On another note, that transfer hip into the s berms at post office is so sick! Was that built recently?
It was built soon after the first hard rain. I can't remember when that was, but it was at least a couple of months ago. It's definitely the hardest jump there, as of right now...

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
E.T. said:
It was built soon after the first hard rain. I can't remember when that was, but it was at least a couple of months ago. It's definitely the hardest jump there, as of right now...

Anything new being built with the latest rain?

E.T.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
NorCal
scurban said:
Anything new being built with the latest rain?
Not yet, it hasn't stopped raining yet. It should stop Wednesday though and then I'm sure that there will be some work done. The ground will be like butter after all of this rain.

version_8

Chimp
May 19, 2003
norcal
E.T. said:
Nice, I have to head out there sometime soon.

updog

Chimp
Jan 8, 2005
IronJim said:
the video didnt work for me???
You have to make sure you have QuickTime with mp4 capabilities. If that doesn't work then Fox should have a lower quality .mov file besides the .mp4 up next week for download. Have you tried to "right click save as" the link below?

updog

Chimp
Jan 8, 2005
IronJim said:
ya i have. it downloads it but it doesnt play. and i have QuickTime too so i dont know why it doesnt work.
Try to download a new version of QuikTime and change the preferences to work with mpeg format, or just wait a few days...

E.T.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
NorCal
IronJim said:
i will just wait :(
Sorry to hear that it doesn't work for you. Make sure that you have the most recent quicktime player. To do this you need to open your quicktime player, go to "edit", "preferences", "quicktime preferences...", then there is a drop down menu which you need to select "update check", and then click update.

This is what I had to do to make it play better on my p.o.s. 4 year old computer. It would play before, just was a bit choppy.

Let me know if this helps...

E.T.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
NorCal
IronJim said:
this is what mine looks like
Then you've got to click on: "quicktime preferences...", then there is a drop down menu which you need to select "update check", and then click update.

This should work...Let me know...

updog

Chimp
Jan 8, 2005
IronJim said:
ya i know its there but is doesnt worh either
The smaller link is up. Go ahead and right click save target as on it. It is a movie file instead of an mp4 so it should work for you.

Next section up on wed...should be good.

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
Big Bear video is up...

I'm surprised you guys didn't get footage of Erik Eriksen walking around completely drunk and beligerent during the pro-slolam race. Also he was seen walking off into the distance, mind you, still in full view of everyone, and taking a leak.