Quantcast

How do I get my hands on a nice HT frame in the US?

Yeik

Chimp
Jul 24, 2005
I'm moving to the US next month from Sweden and thought I'd take everything on my bike with me except for the frame, and then buy a Hardtail when I get there.

Thing is - I'm a student, thus incredibly poor, and I really don't know where to look for used equipment. Also I don't have any clue what prices we're talking compared to prices here in sweden..

Prepared to pay about 377 USD (I know that seems like a strange number, but that equals 3000 SEK) for a used frame, at that price I get quite a nice frame here in Sweden.

Also - I'm gonna be mounting a Boxxer on it, so the.. umm missing an english word here.. the pipe-thingy-that-you-mount-your-fork-to-the-frame-through has to have quite a steep angle so the finished bike will look like a bike, not a chopper. I saw that the Evil Imperial costs about 750 USD new, you think that I can find a used frame for half the price?

Where do I find used equipment in America?
Is 377 USD enugh to get me a decent frame?

Cheers!

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
the pipe thingy is called a head-tube
sry im not the best one to ask about frames for sale, but i'm sure someone will spam somthing to you. check the buy and sell forum here and at other mtb sites.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
How tall are you? If your around 6' - check out Chicodudes' listing of a 'Soul Cycle Titan' frame. I ride the same frame (larger of the 2) and I'm 6'1". I used to have my Boxxer on it (7" of travel) and it felt great.

Yeik

Chimp
Jul 24, 2005
I'm about 5.8' so i suppose that might work out - I'll check it out, and thanks for the link Wumpus..

EDIT: The soul cycle frame seemed a bit too high, I'm looking for something lower.. but thanks anyways

What about the planet X Jack Flash? Anyone who knows how she handles?

Yeik

Chimp
Jul 24, 2005
man I didn't even think of those.. thanks!

A used P3 is at about 250 USD in Sweden, is that equal to US prices?

couldn't find anyone just selling the frame - what other sites is there too look at for used merchandise?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Yeah the Steelhead sounds right up your alley. I'd say it's a nicer frame than the P series frames too.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Slugman said:
How tall are you? If your around 6' - check out Chicodudes' listing of a 'Soul Cycle Titan' frame. I ride the same frame (larger of the 2) and I'm 6'1". I used to have my Boxxer on it (7" of travel) and it felt great.

Yes, do check it out. The fork I have on it now has a AC thats a little bit higher than a boxxer, so it should work out well.

I'm sure we could work out a deal, PM me

Yeik

Chimp
Jul 24, 2005
I'll check the steelhead out - got in touch with a guy here in sweden selling a p3, maybe I'll bring a frame with me instead =)

Chicodude: The frame is a bit higher than I had in mind =/

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Yeik said:
I'll check the steelhead out - got in touch with a guy here in sweden selling a p3, maybe I'll bring a frame with me instead =)

Chicodude: The frame is a bit higher than I had in mind =/

Okay, No problem, It's plenty low for me, But i'm 6'3

:blah: