Quantcast

How important are...

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
...the little rubber caps that cover the bleed valves on Hayes calipers? Mine keep falling off, and I wanna know if I need to replace them or not.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
they're worthless without the rubber cap. You should probably just give them to me.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by zedro
look around, i bet you'll be hard pressed to find someone that still has them.

just make sure you sray dirt out of valve opening before bleeding.
Actually I've got one. I found it on one of the shuttle rides in boulder city. It's in one of my pockets in one of my pairs of pants....somewhere......but I've got one dammit!!

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Originally posted by kidwoo
Actually I've got one. I found it on one of the shuttle rides in boulder city. It's in one of my pockets in one of my pairs of pants....somewhere......but I've got one dammit!!
i put one under my eyelid once. Dont ask me why, i just do stuff like that sometimes....

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
hehe got both mine from 2000 still:) not a big deal if you have them or not but make sure the hole is clean before you blead or youll pass crap back in the line.

Joey

Monkey
Feb 8, 2002
West Tennessee
Originally posted by kidwoo
I don't care "why". I just want to know if you still have it or not. And if so, can you huck it?
Not without the little rubber thingies (technical jargon). They add a substantial measure of isolatory damping forces necessary to complete a desired huck. Kinda like a flux capacitor if it were made out of rubber, but kinda not.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
I have mine from 2001. It's one of the many reasons my brakes are far better than anything else :D.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Originally posted by Joey
Not without the little rubber thingies (technical jargon). They add a substantial measure of isolatory damping forces necessary to complete a desired huck. Kinda like a flux capacitor if it were made out of rubber, but kinda not.
i know exactly what you mean....uhh wait no i dont.

Damn this pussey eye infection is giving me a headache....