Quantcast

how many 120 lb hippies can you take on at once

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Probably 0 here. I have never been in a "real" fight. Have thrown down with my brother and friends but never in true anger.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
It all depends on how many approach me looking for Miracles or hawking Kind Veggie burritos.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Admiral: "The hippie fantasy again?"

L.T. Smash: "They're getting less frequent, sir."

Admiral: "Excellent."

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i don't think they'd fight if they were high. unless you shattered their bong, which they probably collectively chipped in for, instead of paying rent or something.

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
stoney98 said:
done it at a co-op party in berkeley. Me - sober, 4 of them - drunk. It was quickly and handily dealt with. I could probably take on 5-6 before they over powered me. However, you need to remember 2 things: Hippies are weak and hippies aren't fighters.

Any red blooded american who played football, water polo, wrestled, or even baseball should be able to whoop ass on a hippie. Hippies are the real world equivilent of "the flood" in Halo. It hurts like a bitch when they get a blow in, but once you hit them, they fall apart.

Water polo players are tough!!!

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
I'm a 6'2, 165 lb bespectacled dude with hippy ideals... Can you hit a skinny hippy with glasses? Come and get it, you wusses! I'll beat all y'all down with my fair trade organically grown renewable resource bamboo whoopin' stick! I won't be stoned either, I'll be hopped up on tons of fair trade organic coffee with soy milk and organic clover honey!

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
DRB said:
I think ya'll are underestimating the power of the hippy stench. In enclosed space, body odor and pachouly works better than sarin gas.
Combined that with the fact that all the hackey sack makes them wiry, so they can be a little tough to catch. Those two things are why they are still around to this day.
I have extensive hippie combat training if anyone needs any tips. Here is an example:
Tip 1: It is best to attack when they are sitting a circle playing some sort of lame accoustic instrument. Smoky air will make a stealth strike almost a sure thing.

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
SkaredShtles said:
WTF are you doing in Michigan, then? :confused:

Ahh..... *now* I see why you like Ann Arbor. It's the only *officially* hippie-safe zone in that God-forsaken state.

-S.S.-
I use the terms "hippy ideals" fairly loosely, but yeah, Ann Arbor is THE oasis of liberal thought in Michigan, with a few small others. You know of any decent jobs in your neck of the woods? I'd be happy to send you my resume. I'm ready to leave MI, but I don't want to do it without a job that I can actually support myself at. No crawling back to my parents house in six months without a dime to my name. I may have some hippy ideals, but I'm not planning on getting any social security when I retire, so I gotta make enough $ to put some away. And living off the land is definitely out.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
i love this hippie at my school, he begs on the street trying to raise money to eat and save patte canyon from cyanide leakage (good cause though sick fishing) then he hops into his bmw x5 and drives off. all the hippies think they know everything and sit in front of my dorm 7 days a week untill 5 in the morning smoking cig's sand throwing them on the ground, singing ****ty songs, playing hackey sack and the like. i hate hippies

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Jeremy R said:
Combined that with the fact that all the hackey sack makes them wiry, so they can be a little tough to catch. Those two things are why they are still around to this day.
I have extensive hippie combat training if anyone needs any tips. Here is an example:
Tip 1: It is best to attack when they are sitting a circle playing some sort of lame accoustic instrument. Smoky air will make a stealth strike almost a sure thing.
Plus they are exceptionally shifty from the hippie jigging they do.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
stoney98 said:
Hippies are the real world equivilent of "the flood" in Halo. It hurts like a bitch when they get a blow in, but once you hit them, they fall apart.
BWAAHHHHH!

Coffee...out...of....nose.....

Thank you, Dick Dickhead for making me squirt coffe on my desk. OUCH.

:D :blah:

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
Enginerd A2 said:
I won't be stoned either, I'll be hopped up on tons of fair trade organic coffee with soy milk and organic clover honey!
Yah, you're untouchable after drinking that. . . who could kick yer ass when it's glued to the toilet?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Enginerd A2 said:
I use the terms "hippy ideals" fairly loosely, but yeah, Ann Arbor is THE oasis of liberal thought in Michigan, with a few small others. You know of any decent jobs in your neck of the woods? I'd be happy to send you my resume. I'm ready to leave MI, but I don't want to do it without a job that I can actually support myself at. No crawling back to my parents house in six months without a dime to my name. I may have some hippy ideals, but I'm not planning on getting any social security when I retire, so I gotta make enough $ to put some away. And living off the land is definitely out.
Dude - you're too young to worry about that $hit. Send me your resume. What kind of jobs do you do?

I moved out to Colorado in '93 fresh out of college with no job. It's cheap living out here when you find a roommate. Do whatever. Live. It's the mountains, after all. :thumb:

-S.S.-

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
SkaredShtles said:
Dude - you're too young to worry about that $hit. Send me your resume. What kind of jobs do you do?

I moved out to Colorado in '93 fresh out of college with no job. It's cheap living out here when you find a roommate. Do whatever. Live. It's the mountains, after all. :thumb:

-S.S.-
I think you may be in the minority of those who made the move and made it work. I think everyone knows someone who made a similar move, only to move back home a year or two later, flat broke. I have a mechanical engineering degree, though, so I'd like to think I'm pretty employable. I don't necessarily need to find a engineering job, though.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Enginerd A2 said:
I think you may be in the minority of those who made the move and made it work. I think everyone knows someone who made a similar move, only to move back home a year or two later, flat broke.
That's their own fault. You have to *want* to make it work. Live simply. Be happy with a lower standard of living than you're used to. Drink good beer. *Ride* bikes, don't screw around with having the latest, greatest bike.

Hell, I hardly worked the first 5 years I lived in CO. I took road trips, hiked the Colorado Trail, and generally f*#ked around alot. It was a blast! I had a bit of good fortune here and there along the way, but who doesn't?

I even learned to ski after I moved out here. And now I'm hopelessly addicted to skiing powder. :p

If you really want to do it, just do it. I guarantee whatever happens that you won't be sitting around 10 years from now saying "Yeah - I sure am glad I didn't do that thing that I really wanted to do but was afraid to......"

-S.S.-

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
SkaredShtles said:
That's their own fault. You have to *want* to make it work. Live simply. Be happy with a lower standard of living than you're used to. Drink good beer. *Ride* bikes, don't screw around with having the latest, greatest bike.

Hell, I hardly worked the first 5 years I lived in CO. I took road trips, hiked the Colorado Trail, and generally f*#ked around alot. It was a blast! I had a bit of good fortune here and there along the way, but who doesn't?

I even learned to ski after I moved out here. And now I'm hopelessly addicted to skiing powder. :p

If you really want to do it, just do it. I guarantee whatever happens that you won't be sitting around 10 years from now saying "Yeah - I sure am glad I didn't do that thing that I really wanted to do but was afraid to......"

-S.S.-
For someone who dislikes TX so, you sound an awful lot like an Austinite (just swap out "CO" for "Austin", and "ski" for "play in a band" or "protest"). Sure you're not a hippie?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Fathead said:
For someone who dislikes TX so, you sound an awful lot like an Austinite (just swap out "CO" for "Austin", and "ski" for "play in a band" or "protest"). Sure you're not a hippie?
I'm pretty sure I'm not. I like guns and the stock market too much to be a hippie...... :think:

-S.S.-

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
SkaredShtles said:
I'm pretty sure I'm not. I like guns and the stock market too much to be a hippie...... :think:

-S.S.-
Right on! More like an Austinite who grew up and moved to Round Rock ;)

I just picked up an old .22 by Savage/Stevens. . . sucker must be at least 50yrs old. It eats paper like a swarm of termites.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
SkaredShtles said:
I've been to Austin. I've also been told by Texans that Austin is the best part of Texas.

If that's the best, you guys are f#*ked. :blah:

-S.S.-

It's like saying Flint is the best part of Michigan.

:eek: