Quantcast

how much is my 2005 Lemond Tourmalet (52 cm) worth?

sulli060

Chimp
Nov 2, 2008
It has been ridden under 200 miles and is very sharp with a silver frame and green details. I purchased it last year for $700 from a woman who blew out her back immediately after purchasing the bike and had not even ridden it for 25 miles yet. I did a 150 mile race on it once, but other than that it's been very light use (too little time for it, it's a shame). I'd like to sell it because I'm moving abroad and it will be too difficult to transport.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.roadbikereview.com/Channels/RoadBikeReview/images/products/product_290568.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.roadbikereview.com/mfr/lemond-bicycles/road-bike/PRD_290568_5668crx.aspx&h=175&w=175&sz=7&hl=en&start=23&usg=__eis6wUtuwACsrmrUyUE_cnXNaKk=&tbnid=O-qxsfFzf5AFuM:&tbnh=100&tbnw=100&prev=/images?q=lemond+tourmalet+2007&start=18&gbv=2&ndsp=18&hl=en&sa=N

Any help estimating its worth would be great. Thanks.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Not too much, you should just give it to me :) Where ya moving to? I hope not the Congo or Somalia

sulli060

Chimp
Nov 2, 2008
Sheesh, I thought I was in a better spot than $50.

I saw a 2006 Tourmalet on ebay for $450 starting bid. I was hoping I could get $300 or something at least worth selling it?

I'm moving to Buenos Aires, Argentina. I originally thought it'd be cool to take it down there, but I don't know enough about what opportunities there are for riding there, so I thought I'd try to make some money off it to take with me. Anybody out there know anything about cycling in Argentina? Taking the bike to the Patagonia could be pretty cool...

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007

I saw a 2006 Tourmalet on ebay for $450 starting bid. I was hoping I could get $300 or something at least worth selling it?

I'm moving to Buenos Aires, Argentina. I originally thought it'd be cool to take it down there, but I don't know enough about what opportunities there are for riding there, so I thought I'd try to make some money off it to take with me. Anybody out there know anything about cycling in Argentina? Taking the bike to the Patagonia could be pretty cool...
Did it sell with that high of a starting bid? You could always do a reserve and see how high the bidding goes. As for Argentina, I have no clue. If it's anything like rural Mexico a cross bike would be more appropriate

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF

There is a lot of cycling in Argentina.

However, you have to consider the freight and shipping for an oversized package.

You can probably buy a $500 road bike there.