Quantcast

How old are your kids?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Just wondering, out of those on RM you have children (known children anyway) - how old are they? How old were you when you became a parent?

Next year my kid will be starting high school. She'll be 15 in December.

:think:

Holy crap.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
gnurider1080 said:
whats her phone #, i need a prom date.
I would be the worst father on earth if I let even one of the brats on Ridemonkey get anywhere near her.

:dead:

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
H8R said:
Holy crap.
i know what you mean. this thread reminded me that in less than 6 months i will be in my final year of high school. it just feels so wierd knowing that because i dont feel like im about to be a senior in high school, i still feel like a young kid.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
splat said:
you didn't put how old you were when you had her ???
DOH.

I was 21. She'll be an adult when I hit 40.

Holy crap!

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
gnurider1080 said:
i know what you mean. this thread reminded me that in less than 6 months i will be in my final year of high school. it just feels so wierd knowing that because i dont feel like im about to be a senior in high school, i still feel like a young kid.

I am having the same feeling, 'cept I feel wierd 'cause I never have to go back

J

JRB

4 months for Caroline. I am 34, so I'll be 50 when she is nearing graduation. I likely won't remember her spitting up a gallon of sour milk on me in line at Best Buy. Unfortunately, I had stood in line so long, it seemed like a high point. :D

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
loco said:
I likely won't remember her spitting up a gallon of sour milk on me in line at Best Buy.
You'll remember.

You'll also remember holding her playfully above your head and getting the "shower of infinite infant happiness".

:looney:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
.:Jeenyus:. said:
Damn your old.
Yes, damn my old.

(one of the advantages of being a child of the 70's and 80's is that the public school system wasn't as close to complete ruins as it is now...)
:blah:!!!!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I hope to have my first child in two years -- not getting married until next year.

That'll put me at the ripe old age of 39!

I'm jealous of you guys, like VB and Loco, who had their first child closer to 30yo. That's a great age to start.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Emma is 22 months old, and I was 29 when she made her grand entrance!
mcA896 said:
I'm 16. My mom thinks you guys are a bad influence on me.
and yes this place is a bad influence, stick around you might learn somethin:sneaky:

J

JRB

H8R said:
(one of the advantages of being a child of the 70's and 80's is that the public school system wasn't as close to complete ruins as it is now...)
:stupid: hahaha

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
H8R said:
Just wondering, out of those on RM you have children (known children anyway) - how old are they? How old were you when you became a parent?

Next year my kid will be starting high school. She'll be 15 in December.

Holy crap.
are you really that old???
i have a hard time grasping you are a day older than 19.....

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
H8R said:
Yes, damn my old.

I just got home from a race (yes, riding bikes) when I wrote that.

And I suppose the fact I have a 3.97 combined GPA right now proves your statement correct. :D

PS, you're still old.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
SkaredShtles said:
Nice. I like to see intellectual chest-thumping. :rolleyes: ;)
Um, did you not understand my statement in context with the one I was replying to?

Twas not "chest-thumping".

PonySoldier

Monkey
May 5, 2004
Woodland Park Colorado
loco said:
.... I likely won't remember her spitting up a gallon of sour milk on me in line at Best Buy.... :D
Remember this stuff so you can tell these stories in front of her dates when she gets old enough..

My Eldest is 16 about to be 17 and the younger is 12...I was 30 at the time the 1st one showed up...