Quantcast

how to adjust 2009 Demo 8 geometry?

frankthetank

Chimp
Feb 20, 2010
NY/NJ
I just picked up a 2009 Demo 8 frame and in the book it shows the bike in different settings low and long etc how is this done,can someone help?:confused:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I would double check it first, but i THINK you would take the piece that attaches the shock to the frame, and flip it. Most demos have alternate holes, if you are sure its adjustable, that is how you would do it, you can also slide the fork up and down in the clamps for HA adjustment

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
demo9 is right, you remove the front shock bolt, remove the shock mounting plates, and swap them left to right, then re-install. You'll have look at them to figure out which is your low/long setting, but you can figure it out. I believe it's when the shock mounting hole is lower, and closer to the front of the bike.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
he is talking about the 2009 not the 2011. completely different system.
You can make something similar for any normal bike with a little know how and the right tools. I've done so on a bunch of my bikes.

frankthetank

Chimp
Feb 20, 2010
NY/NJ
demo9 is right, you remove the front shock bolt, remove the shock mounting plates, and swap them left to right, then re-install. You'll have look at them to figure out which is your low/long setting, but you can figure it out. I believe it's when the shock mounting hole is lower, and closer to the front of the bike.
I would double check it first, but i THINK you would take the piece that attaches the shock to the frame, and flip it. Most demos have alternate holes, if you are sure its adjustable, that is how you would do it, you can also slide the fork up and down in the clamps for HA adjustment
That's what I was thinking last night I will look at that later to thanks..

frankthetank

Chimp
Feb 20, 2010
NY/NJ
Hi frankthetank,
Shoot me an email. I make that offset style bushing for bikes.
It will make your bike lower and slacker.

KC
Bike is set up from the factory in the low settings I called specialized today,HA 64 degrees,seat angle 65 BB 14.49 need for some of this snow to melt!