Quantcast

How to deal with rednecks?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I thought for a very long time that since I was born in Nevada that I was a redneck. Turns out that maybe college and a smart wife have brought that trait out of me, killed it, and fed it onto others who are now taking torch...

We were at the Indian River state park today, digging things into hills, when low and behold some genius in a 2wd Jeep gets into the park and starts tear-assing around until he finally gets stuck. Enter in the southern cliche of some dude in a 4wd coming to pull him out ten minutes later...

For the rest of the afternoon they spent their time tearing around over the dirt jumps, through crowds of BMeXican kids, and just tearing things up in general.

Any suggestions on how to deal with this? We called the cops (which I was loathe to do, but it was needed) and they didn't seem to get out there fast enough (must have been a sale at Krispy Kreme or Rights Violations R Us) to catch them 1 hour after being called when they drove off.

Anything would help.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
unfortunately
there really isnt much you can do short of just simply killing them
were you to confront them theyd either escalate it to violence
or wait until you left and fvck up that which you asked them to stop fvcking up
id elaborate further but the mods would surely delete my reply...

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Bad thing is if you blow up on them in person, the chicken s--ts usually back down and then come back when you're not around and eff up your jumps. I hate those turds.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
How about reverse psychology? Buy them a bunch of beer, PBR works best, buddy up to them, gettum good and dee-runk and point them towards somewhere else away from the jumps. (say their sister or cousin's house).

Get them really really dee-runk and you might even get to "hey watch 'is..."

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
How about reverse psychology? Buy them a bunch of beer, PBR works best, buddy up to them, gettum good and dee-runk and point them towards somewhere else away from the jumps. (say their sister or cousin's house).

Get them really really dee-runk and you might even get to "hey watch 'is..."
True enough. Anything cheap beer-wise will do so long as it cannot be associated with any minority groups. :rolleyes: Whatever you do, DO NOT drink cheap whiskey with one. Trying to trade shots of Old Crow will score one of you a night in the pokey and the other one a night in the E.R. :busted:

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
If there was a bunch of you, you should have confronted them told them all the work you have put into the jumps and that you arent going to have them ruined by someone who's IQ is smaller than the jumps themselves...then when they became belligerent, beat the s&*t out of both of them, then politely tell them to leave!

Wow Ian...a confrontational oppurtunity that you didnt know how to handle? I am a little taken back. Tell them to piss off...they are distroying the land and a safe out of the way area for bikers or all kinds to go...use your beast arms and get them the hell out of there!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
so you are sittin here bitchin about people ripping around a state park in a jeep becuase they are tearing it up...yet you are there digging stuff into hills? wow. I despise rednecks although i am very much one myself i am just not of the ignorant variety of redneck.....however it seems to me that this area is much like many places around where i grew up and we would ride dirt bikes, 4 wheelers, bikes all kinds of crap...yes even rippin some donuts in our 4x4's for fun and gettin stuck...there isnt much you can do but continue your generalizations that all rednecks are ignorant, unapproachable, disrespectfull and stupid.....keep diggin up hills in state parks and theyll keep doing donuts as well......

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
If there was a bunch of you, you should have confronted them told them all the work you have put into the jumps and that you arent going to have them ruined by someone who's IQ is smaller than the jumps themselves...then when they became belligerent, beat the s&*t out of both of them, then politely tell them to leave!
yes because all rednecks have low IQs

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
unfortunately
there really isnt much you can do short of just simply killing them
were you to confront them theyd either escalate it to violence

yep because talking about and or killing them is not violent at all....

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
yes biggins it is/was a joke
and we already do have permission to dig the jumps fyi...

considering how approachable they are/were who knows
i do know ive had problems out there and ive met cool ones, it can go either way

i definitely think you read too much into this

EDIT
at ALL entrances the posting of NO motorized vehicles is also present
so...take that for what its worth as to WHY they should have even been there in the first place.

again remember, we do have permission, and they have been bike djs only for a very long time

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
yes biggins it is/was a joke
and we already do have permission to dig the jumps fyi...

considering how approachable they are/were who knows
i do know ive had problems out there and ive met cool ones, it can go either way

i definitely think you read too much into this

EDIT
at ALL entrances the posting of NO motorized vehicles is also present
so...take that for what its worth as to WHY they should have even been there in the first place.

again remember, we do have permission, and they have been bike djs only for a very long time
the permission thing and no vehicles thing i didnt know......

sorry i got so flustered im just tired of people making general statements about other cultures on here is all. sucks they were driving in a posted area me and my buddies would never have done that kind of stuff.

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
the permission thing and no vehicles thing i didnt know......

sorry i got so flustered im just tired of people making general statements about other cultures on here is all. sucks they were driving in a posted area me and my buddies would never have done that kind of stuff.
hey man
no sweat
ill skate the thing ice and say that generalizing (in lowest common denominator) in either direction, i.e. white/black is to say redneck/nigger.

either way, i aint sweating what you said because ive seen you posting on here for a long time so i know you're good peeps.

i suppose the ire of my first response is i KNOW that bmxrs AND mtbr's both have sweat equity in this place and IC knuckleheads (internal combustion) be it 2 or 4 wheeled come out here and trash shi!t that us pedal pushers have worked very hard at.

this is/was the first trail i ever rode on, and have been riding here since 94 so i'm a little protective of it, i have to confess that as well.

i consider this the trail that i 'cut my teeth on' so i'm pretty protective of it

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Rednecks in Nevada ?
Just good ol boys having fun..........:happydance:
Never meaning no harm
In trouble with the law since the day they was born...

As to the above statements:

1. Yes, we do have permission and we have been given a mandate to build out there. However, what we build can rapidly be taken away by some jagoff in a 4000+ pound truck.

2. Yes, there are several signs saying "no motorized vehicles."

3. I will confess that I have called the cops now two days in a row. According to the signs there we are supposed to call the cops as opposed to cracking heads and windshields with pick axes and shovles. However, since Rights Violations 'R Us is having a sale on beating folks of color and tazering protestors this week, it seems the local PD has other things in mind.

4. What really got in my ass over this entire thing is that between the necks in the trucks and the grommet neck we saw today is that they rip around while there are several young kids hanging around. Kids + speeding vehicles = long time bad times. Go drive down the road 20 minutes and tear up North Carolina, I think its in the state motto that you can do it there without fear of people doing anything athletic to interfear.

5. On the subject of my much beloved Nevada; we had a spot there much akin to the Switch in the foothills of Reno. Many, many times when we caught people on motorcycles or in 4wd rides, we'd ask nice for them to leave. One second of resistance was always met with subjectively appropriate violence. Some of us did time, some of us went before judges to protect our jumps. I am part of that school, love me or hate me. We put in 100 hours of total man time this week digging, as did others in the park putting in much more challenging sections. I will gladly and with much glee drag a muther fvcker behind my truck over things like this. Redneck justice.

6. It was really funny today at the park when we started to ask the grom's if they knew the jr. asshat on the dirtbike. The one kid who owned up to knowing this short stack of genetic refuse said, and I quote, "you should just shoot that piece of sh!t!" When I have 10 year old kids telling me its time to bust caps (to quote Tupac) then I think there's something going on. Or maybe video games are really screwing with kids, maybe too much GTA.

long story short, I am militant when it comes to my dirt jump and trail spots. While I respect your right to go tear ass in the dirt, which I too love to do in my truck, there is a time and a place. Seek out better places to do it, or meet the back end of my transfer shovel. Its a fair trade really...

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
We have the same problem here at Windrock and our local DJ area. We are trying to figure out the answer to the same question.

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
If you are really having problems and the cops are being fat and lazy take it into your own hands.
1] if there is a fence around or a place where all the bikers come through that the trucks dont just put some nice long nails all around the area but not where you guys come through :biggrin: .
2] or bring your camera and get there plate numbers and lots of good pics of them doing the crap and take it to the cops yourself and then press charges on the assholes!

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
I really need to get permission from my neighbor so I can bring a few of you good ol boys to the practice track after I get the ambission to run the bobcat and dig myself some dirt jumps.

The owner of the land likes the following things: cheep beer, motorcycles, trucks, tractors, mud, girls, cheep beer, guns, big jumps, big bonfires, and cheep beer.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I really need to get permission from my neighbor so I can bring a few of you good ol boys to the practice track after I get the ambission to run the bobcat and dig myself some dirt jumps.

The owner of the land likes the following things: cheep beer, motorcycles, trucks, tractors, mud, girls, cheep beer, guns, big jumps, big bonfires, and cheep beer.

Wait, where is this private Idaho?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Then today even those who we thought were part of our group of riders turned out to be rednecks who will fvck over others when they are sure they're in the right.

After digging all week out at Ipswitch to build a more 4X style, 26" friendly line, I get a call from Zero telling me to haul ass down to the switch because some redneck is digging out our new line. We get down there, and its one of the asshat good old boys who decided to dig out our line because he wanted the area. He hasn't dug in a year, hasn't ridden in 8 months, and decided to rip out our work.

I am just about done with this place. Between the gang bangers, the inbred rednecks, the BMeXicans and the kids strapping paint ball guns its just not worth it. I really thought we could bring quality, safe, well built dirt jumps to the area for kids to learn on and for us to practice on for next season. Its becoming apparent that we're going to have to go back to clandestine activities which only benefit ourselves.

I'm disappointed. I guess we're really a fringe group and we have to get ours to keep ours.

zerossix

Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Arlington, VA
word, it was fvckin ghey. i was soooooooooo pissed. we were doin soo fvckin good too man....we'll find us a new spot.... equiped with attack piranhas and anti redneck fencing.

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
y'all need to make it out this way
3 dumptrucks of dirt (15-17tons per truck)
its perrrrrrfect mix of sand/clay so it packs real nice
first berm and table were built yesterday...much, much more to follow

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Hey, another good ol' boy!

Where did you grow up? I grew up in the East Tennessee hills as well. Chattanooga area to be exact! Been out West for over 20 years now though.
Knoxville and west of Knoxville up on the plateau, nearish Wartburg. I've spent a lot of time in Chattavegas as well. I have a really good friend that lives there. I get down to visit him every couple of years. Great town.

Edit: Just finished reading the rest of the thread. I'm real sorry for you guys. Good luck with the next spot. Keep us posted!