Quantcast

How to set up your suspension: the internet guide.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Talking about suspension.... anyone know what oil should be used when rebuilding a Fox DHX coil? Viscocity in cST please!
Silkolene Pro RSF 10wt is what's used from factory these days, to my knowledge. It is 47.36cSt, with a VI of 303.

I'd recommend any of the other Pro RSF fluids (for fine tuning) as well, they all have high VI's and work well in shocks.

Hope that helps, excuse the serious post

tacubaya

Monkey
Dec 19, 2009
Mexico City
Silkolene Pro RSF 10wt is what's used from factory these days, to my knowledge. It is 47.36cSt, with a VI of 303.

I'd recommend any of the other Pro RSF fluids (for fine tuning) as well, they all have high VI's and work well in shocks.

Hope that helps, excuse the serious post
Thanks!!

Looks like Fox dampers like very heavy oil... my Roco uses 3wt Maxima (14 cst!)

tacubaya

Monkey
Dec 19, 2009
Mexico City
You need extra medium. Most motorcycle shops should stock it but if not, you could try mixing equal portions of somewhat medium and uber medium and it should be just right.

(just right being 32cSt, or thereabouts)
Hahaha, uber medium! Thanks for the info.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Do you know when Fox changed to the 10wt Silkolene? I always thought that the earlier DHXs were Torco RSF Medium @ 31.82cSt.
In the 05 shocks, running into 06 that may have been the case, but on 07 and later shocks that I've opened, it has been the new 10wt Silkolene (red). The Torco RSF-M is purple to my knowledge.

Now let's get the thread back on topic before I get banned.