Quantcast

How was Port Angeles?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I bet it sucked. Yeah....no fun can be had there. And riding there causes SARS and impotence...both at the same time. You poor bastards.

I haven't touched my bike in over 6 months.

sigh.

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
Great! A tad slippery in the morning, however the conditions were very pleasing. I guess they didnt end up getting as many shuttle trucks as they asked for, which sometimes turned wait times up to about 30-40 minutes, however besides that, its was fast. My guess, is there was 200+ riders there. Big turnout. It was worth going, just to experience what its like to have 30 riders in the back of a uhaul. Very interesting. The pro course was super fun.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
I only did a few runs then spent the rest of the time taking photos. I had fun despite the long wait for a shuttle run. It was just good seeing all the locals.

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
The event was a blast the pro course was alot of fun i loved everything on it. I am officially the worst mtnx rider ever. I had maybe 2 decent runs down the course. It was case, drop a chain, wakka case, good run, case, case, case, good run, im done with mtnx for today.

Certified Drunk

SVT-Lightning
Feb 17, 2002
Zippy's Burgers
It was a blast! Them new trails are going to get better with time. Hats off to Jason for haven' us out to play. :D

Nice bike Bibs! Looks like someones bike I've seen before! :confused:

Certified Drunk said:
It was a blast! Them new trails are going to get better with time. Hats off to Jason for haven' us out to play. :D

Nice bike Bibs! Looks like someones bike I've seen before! :confused:
Ya, you may know the guy, hes pretty cool...hes name is SHOOTER!!!!! :D LOL :thumb: but soon Ill be like him with my new ride!! WHICH IS FINALIZED now~~~

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
Good time.. Could use some more trails, but overall good. That damn chili hit me in the ferry line. My lady wuddn't likin it none!!! :) We'll se if she goes to PA,(AKA. PEE-U ASSES) again. "PPPPFFFFTTTTT"........ "Uh, excuse me".....
Oh, and thanks J. MOSELY!!!!

Big B

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Lynnwood, Washington
If my lowers hadn't cracked on the 2nd run and started spraying the trail with shock oil, I would've had a better time. :nopity:

Great courses though! :thumb: Loved the speed on the White Knuckle. Pro course could use longer landings on the drops so you can hit them faster.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Loved the new side trails. Pro course rocked as well. The knuck was a great place to get a feel for the new fork and bike.... all and all a great day.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Thanks for putting another great day together Jason. It's a bummer that the U-haul place fell threw a bit with the trucks. Jason will have it dialed for the next one in April so no worries about the shuttles (he's got a good game plan in store to prevent this from happening again :sneaky: ) The day was fun. I rode the entire day with exception of about 30 min for a hotdog. I didn't eat any chilli though...I knew that wouldn't set very well :eek: It was a treat to get to rip the trails with my fellow girls!!!! :thumb: Good Times!

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
I had a great day. I love that place. The new trail work is really well done and will only get better as it packs in.

I overheard some guy in line giving Jason a hard time about charging $25. I couldn't believe this guy. To Jason: Keep it up and charge what the market will bear. You are offering the only place in washington state where you can legally pay for a ride up the mountain.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
I had a good time, shuttle wait was a little long most of the day, after 3:30 it wasn't bad at all.

got slick on the pro course later in the day also.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
buildyourown said:
I overheard some guy in line giving Jason a hard time about charging $25. I couldn't believe this guy. To Jason: Keep it up and charge what the market will bear. You are offering the only place in washington state where you can legally pay for a ride up the mountain.
Maybe some people don't realize how much Jason puts into these trails and gatherings! We should be thankfull! :rolleyes:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
It took me a couple runs to shake the cob webs off. Well that and re-bleed (2x's) my rear brake and adjust my tire preasure :o:

My Monster worked fine. Solid and sure footed for the most part. Was less proned to twitch-type line changes compared to the Boxxers I have been running. BUt the action over all was much imporved over my poor 03 Boxxer Race (she served me well as a inbetween fork)

Half of my hot dog fell in the dirt. :angry: :D So I proceeded to burp up chili, cheese, and onions the rest of the afternoon. :(

I have always like the speed on the Knuck but found the new side additions a pleasant distraction. The first left hand turn was hidden from many but was a great little loop with some easy/rollable ladders. Apperantly the trail splits and I only turned right back to the DH course. So I missed more ladders etc. :( I am not a stunt type of guy but these were safe enough for this chicken-sh!t :) and made teh short push back to the DH trail worth it even for me.

Rhino

ps- You guys that can clean all of that Pro course are OK in my book. Just don't expect me to do it any time soon. :D

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
Whoever I yelled at for being in the middle of the trail (the clearing where the Expert course and the White Knuck split)

I Apologize I was being a Jackass!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
MMike said:
Wait.... in all of these pics, I haven't seen a SINLGE flaming hoop for people to jump through... lame.
We're still waiting for the ringworm to show up from being shoved into a horse trailer. :monkey:

Aug 21, 2003
Bellingham, WA
MMike said:
Wait.... in all of these pics, I haven't seen a SINLGE flaming hoop for people to jump through... lame.
Thats my fault.
They were having problems getting it lit, and when they finally did, I was the first one to try to go through it. It was a stupid thing to do. I didn't make it, and crashed right into the bottom part of the ring. It fell down on top of me and started a huge fire. A helicoptor had to come in with a big bucket of water to put out the blaze. I was burned pretty badly, third degree burns over 90% of my body. It made the drive home rather painful, but I feel much better today.

Talkingmonkey said:
Thats my fault.
They were having problems getting it lit, and when they finally did, I was the first one to try to go through it. It was a stupid thing to do. I didn't make it, and crashed right into the bottom part of the ring. It fell down on top of me and started a huge fire. A helicoptor had to come in with a big bucket of water to put out the blaze. I was burned pretty badly, third degree burns over 90% of my body. It made the drive home rather painful, but I feel much better today.

hahahah, now that funny ****!:thumb:

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Talkingmonkey said:
Thats my fault.
That's BS and you know it. There is NO WAY IN HELL that Jason Mosely would have a hard time starting a fire.....

Aug 21, 2003
Bellingham, WA
MMike said:
That's BS and you know it. There is NO WAY IN HELL that Jason Mosely would have a hard time starting a fire.....
SHUT UP DUDE!! You weren't there.
Besides, Jason is the one that got the fire going. He was driving one of the shuttle trucks at first, but the people in charge of the flaming obstacles on the course couldn't get the hoop lit, so they called in an expert. He showed up with a mouthful of gasoline (he couldn't find any wother way of carrying the fuel) and using a zippo, sprayed fire all over the hoop.
As an interesting side note, after I had knocked the flaming hoop down that everyone had worked so hard to get burning, they came over and started kicking me as I lay burning. Later they told the firemen on the scene that they were just trying to put the flames out, but I know I heard them screaming "You knocked down the fire hoop, stupid!!!", just before my ears burned off.