Quantcast

HOWIE did you do that...

mosplat

Monkey
Mar 25, 2003
Brooklyn <-> Oakland
i'm sure you could with 135mm spacing but i have to ask why wouldn't you just get a fall guy?
it was really just speculation.
i haven't even seen geometry numbers so i have no idea if 24"s would be feasible or if they'd totally screw it up. bb could end up way low.
but my reasoning was i could use the wheel (135mm) i already have. and keep running my disc.
i'd love a fall guy but don't want to buy a new wheel too.

cully

Chimp
Jun 1, 2007
landon,

could you post up some info on those "all time high" bars?
like what material, rise, clamp, etc...

Landon

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
Leethal, I'm going to have to stick with table. I always thought a table becomes an invert as the plane of the wheels goes past horizontal towards vertical. I could be completely wrong about this.

Anyway, I'm excited to check out the new Molly's.

A completely "inverted" Howie:

As for 24's, there's no reason you couldn't run them in a Howie. The BB is the same height as a Black Market, and I've seen those used with 24's.

That said. I really think you should get a Fall Guy if you want to run 24's.

The All Time Highs are essentially a Taiwanese, lightweight , butted 7075, 31.8 bar bent to our specs and width. They have a 2.25" rise.

The orginal idea was, and still is, to produce a Slam Bar for MTB use. I rode Slams on my 20, and they've always felt right to me. The original protos had Slam geometry..12 back, 1 up. Unfortunately we found this sweep didn't work well with MTB's because of the slacker HT angle. Around here, most riders line-up their bars with their forks and as MTB's are at least 4 degrees slacker than 20's our protos didn't feel quite like Slams. It's the feel I'm after, so changes had to be made.

The whole point of Tonic Fab is to do things we are into, so releasing a product that isn't dialed doesn't make sense. If you like the feel of Slams and want a light, strong bar with non-Nascar graphics, the All Time High might be worth checking out.

I don't presently have the $$ to do the All Time Lows. It seems quite a few other companys are releasing wide, low rise bars, so there are finally some options for people who consider 28 a minimum.

-L

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
first off couple of dope bikes!

I really dig the orange profile kitted one....

Is there a ETA on the A.T.H. bars?

Any idea on what the "lightweight" may be in terms of numbers? (edit: on the bars)

Def. interested...

(edit: are those spanglish b.b.'s available?)

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Castle,

I can give you a very scientific number on my bike in the next few days (hanging scale on the way) but from the way my untrained arm feels it is probably in or around the 28 lb mark with the following spec some of the parts are not quite so light (5.5 lb fork), i am pretty sure you could get one of these built solid to the 24-25 lb range.

Howie
Marzocchi DJ 1 2008
Bars: Diety 31.8
Ends: Fly bikes
Stem: Thompson X4 50mm
Grips: Cheap and soft for gloveless riding
Cranks: Profile 175 mm flat blacked
Pedals: Fly Bikes Rubens
F. Tire: Atom Lab Comp III clone
R. Geax whatever...
Seat: Shadow Conspiracy
Wheels: Azonic Outlaws (they will do until i get something nice on here)...

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
I should've been more specific I was asking about the bar, but it'd be good to know the complete build weight of the bike too, I'm sure others would like to know....

have you had a chance to ride that front tire on dirt yet? I'm curious as to how they handle, I'm tempted to rock one just for ol' time sakes...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
no idea in the dirt but the tires of old rocked...if anything i would think the park would be the downside of this tire.

I have had it leaned over really hard at rays...havent washed yet