Quantcast

Htc evo

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
No discussions about the HTC EVO yet?

Sprint will be first to the market by a long shot with a 4G phone AND a functioning network to use it on in (some) cities. As Sprint and Verizon roam on each others networks, it would still make this one of the best overall, and surely the best Android 3G phone on the market.

And here's is a huge plus with Sprint - they don't cripple phone functionality like Verizon and At&t. :thumb:

Even if Sprint has problems with WiMAX, and LTE becomes the better 4G way to go, innovation like this phone from HTC should = a win for us.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/23/htc-evo-4g-is-sprints-android-powered-knight-in-superphone-armo/

*BTW: I've used Sprint, Verizon and AT&T networks. They all suck in at least one way the others don't.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
I've been using Sprint for 4 years now, and it's pretty solid. (Granted, most of my use is in the metro Boston area where any carrier should be solid). There's areas when I get coverage and my buddies don't with Verizon/AT&T and areas where they do and I don't.

It all goes back to what network works best in the area the individual primarily uses it in.

From what I've read - Verizon is more than a year out to get a phone on their network that would take advantage of LTE - even if the network has been built.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
the Evo 4G is on the top of my list for new phones. damn sexy looking phone w/ top notch hardware to boot. if it only had a keyboard :shakefist:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I support a lot of network engineers who do a lot of travelling... and every single one of them hates Sprint. At least 6, that I know of, carry Verizon personal phones and Sprint business phones and they all drop lots of Sprint calls or get no reception, and then call me back on their Verizon phones.

Most of the phones are blackberries of various models and there doesn't seem to be a correlation of level of service to phone model.

So, I'm not sure what the deal is there but "roaming on Verizon's network" clearly is not the same as actually being on Verizon's network.