Quantcast

Humboldt Hoedown & Singlespeed Championships, Sept. 21 & 22

Bigfoot

Chimp
May 25, 2002
Forests of Humboldt County
Humboldt Hoedown & Singlespeed Championship, Sept 21 & 22
All you NorCal (& parts beyond) riders, you gotta come. We're talking fun! We're talking FREE CAMPING! A weekend of good ol' fashioned fat-tire goodness.
The setting is a small ranch near the Humboldt County town of Bridgeville, about 60 miles from Arcata. The ranch is complete with a creek and a big ol' Huck Finn kinda swimming hole --- perfect for post-race lounging.

Here's the schedule, XC racing for gearies on Saturday morning. Then we fire up the grill and tap the keg and have a barbecue. Somewhere in there we hold the Wheelie Contest and the Huffy Toss. We also hold the free "mini-downhill" on a short, minute and a half or so course---ride your XC bike or your hardtail---no big rig needed. All the while the boys in Mud Puddle are making their bluegrass magic.

Sunday, late morning, we start the Humboldt County Singlespeed Championships with all the usual categories (beginner, sport, expert, vet, master, jr, etc).

AND, for those looking for some stupid-good fun, we have the COSTCO CUP XC Race. Bring whatever P.O.S. bike you can find ---a Huffy, a Murray, a Roadmaster---- anything that conceivably could be found at Costco, Price Club, K-Mart, Toys R Us.

Full info and entry forms will be available next week. Visit us at www.teambigfoot.net

D

DH40

The Bigfoot DH last weekend was cool, small and grassroots with a really fun run- stumps, jumps, logs and drops!

Beer and weed

Thanx Bigfoot.

kindtrails

Monkey
May 23, 2006
Humboldt
Sounds sweet! I have been trying to get Carian to come check out Humbodlt, This might be a good time to do it! I live in Hydesville, so Bridgeville is not that far from my house!....Yo Bigfoot...Where do you live/ ride? I am trying to put together a group to ride/shuttle the Kneeland downhill run. Have you ridden it? It is awesome!

Bigfoot

Chimp
May 25, 2002
Forests of Humboldt County
The post you responded to is four years old...that race only happened the one time, we may bring it back in '07.

The Kneeland trail you mentioned goes through Palco Timber property...very illegal, people have been chased and caught by security. Getting arrested kinda puts a damper on the day.