Quantcast

Hurray for Hematomas!

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
I ate **** really hard about a month ago, and had a REALLY gnarly bruise on my hip. bumped into something with my hip today (the bruise has long since faded) and WTF OW!!! so i felt where it hurt, and apparently there is a small cucumber in my hip :) (its literally about 2.5 inches around, and feels really tall, even through you cant see it. anyone else had massive hematomas?

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Originally posted by SebringMGB
I ate **** really hard about a month ago, and had a REALLY gnarly bruise on my hip. bumped into something with my hip today (the bruise has long since faded) and WTF OW!!! so i felt where it hurt, and apparently there is a small cucumber in my hip :) (its literally about 2.5 inches around, and feels really tall, even through you cant see it. anyone else had massive hematomas?
An ex-professional rugby player once told me that those kind of lumps need to be massaged out or you'll have problems later on. In rugby corks are an occupational hazard and what you have is similar to a cork. I believe the lump is congealed blood that needs to be broken up. Perhaps a monkey with more medical training can elaborate.

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
I used to get them on my elbows all the time playing hockey (goalie) fron the puck hitting a spot on my arm were there was little padding, so you had mobility. and the doc told me that they just go away, and that i should only worry if they turn a funky colour or hurt all the time....

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
I've had one for about 2 years... did it on Christmas day, dirtjumping on a relatives property after consuming many many beers for breakfast (it was a hot day here so beer before midday was almost mandatory over the Christmas holiday break). Anyway, I mashed up my leg trying to 180 a small jump, my left leg got caught between the crankarm and downtube, and I landed with my weight on the right pedal, pushing the left crankarm up, further wedging my leg between downtube and crankarm. The crank pretty much squished my leg, from my ankle upwards, creating a massive bulge on the lefthand side of my left shin/calf area. This left a bruise the size of an egg for a few weeks, which eventually solidifyed that size :eek: Over the past few years, it slowly went down in size... and feeling it now, there's actually a dip about the size of my thumb, where the lump used to be.

Weird :confused:

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
2 years!? holy chit. the ones on the fronts of my elbows were usualy only there for 3 or 4 months, tops. and they could get to the size of pocket knives. this one is about half the size it was a month ago. it used to be huge

Zoso

Monkey
Jan 31, 2003
Seattle
Originally posted by Rik
I've had one for about 2 years... did it on Christmas day, dirtjumping on a relatives property after consuming many many beers for breakfast (it was a hot day here so beer before midday was almost mandatory over the Christmas holiday break). Anyway, I mashed up my leg trying to 180 a small jump, my left leg got caught between the crankarm and downtube, and I landed with my weight on the right pedal, pushing the left crankarm up, further wedging my leg between downtube and crankarm. The crank pretty much squished my leg, from my ankle upwards, creating a massive bulge on the lefthand side of my left shin/calf area. This left a bruise the size of an egg for a few weeks, which eventually solidifyed that size :eek: Over the past few years, it slowly went down in size... and feeling it now, there's actually a dip about the size of my thumb, where the lump used to be.

Weird :confused:
Homer- "Wow, you must love this country more than I love a cold beer on a hot Christmas morning."

No joke, thats a real quote. Talk about art imitating life...;)