Quantcast

Hurting Knee

CrAckErKorEan

Ridemonkey's own half breed
Nov 29, 2001
Winder GA (Its in the sticks)
A little over a weel ago I was messing around on a bike doing wheelies. I lost my balence and when the bike came down the handle bars hit the out side of my knee and push in on my knee. Couple days later i go to ride and my knee hurts really bad. And even still tonight walking up the stairs to ask you this question is hurts. Its like a quick sharp pain. Any ideas. Thanks for the help.

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Humans, through evolution, have speech and they can walk upright. What's the catch? The knee joint was never designed to really take the kind of abuse and compression that we put it through, and humans choke on food very easily because of a narrow throat from the voice box.

If you're in serious pain you should keep off the knee when possible and ice it and take some ibuprofen. Knees take a long time to stop hurting and they just do not get better unless you try to take it real easy for awhile.

CrAckErKorEan

Ridemonkey's own half breed
Nov 29, 2001
Winder GA (Its in the sticks)
Well im off to see the DOC tommorow. We shall see what he says. Wish me luck. Im praying that he doesnt say to stay of the knee for some obsene amount of time. I havent had a ride in over a week and im starting to go stir crazy in my house.

Evilmunch

Monkey
May 5, 2002
NE of ATL
Good news

Crack seems like he's feeling up to a ride soon so we're going to do an extremely short one this weekend (3 miles or so, maybe less). I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what we could do to prepare his knee before-hand. Would wrapping it help? He's not in pain any more - we just don't want to take any chances.