Quantcast

Hydro help

drumbum540

Monkey
Mar 24, 2008
Stephens City, VA
hey, I popped a tire so I changed my tubes and tires, and put panaracer fires on, and I did that okay. I put on the rear wheel fine. but the front wheel is where im having problems. I got the wheel in, but the front brake rubs during the whole rotation. It looks like the pads are too close to the disc. the disc does not apear bent at all, I dont know what I can do to fix it. and if it helps they are juicy 3's.

dirtslayer

Chimp
Jul 21, 2008
socal
check your rotor for bends, check that your pad didnt shift out of place while putting the rotor in, if that dont work, apply the brake, loosen the 2 caliper mount bolts give it a jiggle and retighten the bolts. avids are nice because of the adjustability of the caliper.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
On top of the caliper. If you're sitting on your saddle (RPV, Riders Point of View), they're the bolt heads that are facing your left leg. Assuming that you do not have a post mount fork, the ones that are perpendicular to the fork are the adapter bolts.

drumbum540

Monkey
Mar 24, 2008
Stephens City, VA
okay, well. I tried to fix it. but I guess I undid the wrong one, and hydraulic fluid started pouring out. so I took it to the LBS and they are going to replace the pads, and bleed the brakes and what not.