Quantcast

I approve of New Zealand...

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
I approve of the fact that I can spend two weeks traveling through NZ and only spend $200 (and the majority of that was on beer).

That and all the German and Swedish female tourists at the hostels. :clapping:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
They ship us all of their nasty SB & keep all of their un-oaked chard....bastards.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Looks like oldskool HLAH.

Let me know if you are offering some kiwi music around. I would love to get me some! Recently heard 'The D4s' for the first time (SakeBomb rocks!)and am really liking 'Fat Freddies Drop' at the mo.

I am so out of touch with what is on in NZ at the moment....

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Looks like oldskool HLAH.
heh heh yeah.... haven't seen or heard anything of tallbeast for quite a while.

Let me know if you are offering some kiwi music around. I would love to get me some! Recently heard 'The D4s' for the first time (SakeBomb rocks!)and am really liking 'Fat Freddies Drop' at the mo.

I am so out of touch with what is on in NZ at the moment....
Couple of new bands and albums to watch out for.....
Grand Prix "terraplane twilight"
Deadly deaths (self titled)
Six pack project "sole survivor"

Pm me your email and I will flick you a couple of tunes. :)

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
heh heh yeah.... haven't seen or heard anything of tallbeast for quite a while.

Tallbeast spent a few years over here in Morzine. Best guy. True friend.
He currently lives in Auckland. Flys choppers and works in a bike shop.

Cheers for any music, I'll PM you.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
~~TN posting~~

I just think it is one of the many grapes, that the french can only do justice to. Like Merlot & Cab Franc, among others.

To me most NZ SBs taste like grapefruit juice with a shot of wheat grass poured in. I am not saying they are bad wines (or am I?) I just don't like that style. And it seems to me like most domestic producers try & imitate that style but of course take it to the extreme straight up Cali style (don't get me started).

-TN

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
~~TN posting~~

I just think it is one of the many grapes, that the french can only do justice to. Like Merlot & Cab Franc, among others.

To me most NZ SBs taste like grapefruit juice with a shot of wheat grass poured in. I am not saying they are bad wines (or am I?) I just don't like that style. And it seems to me like most domestic producers try & imitate that style but of course take it to the extreme straight up Cali style (don't get me started).

-TN
You're such a yuppie. :disgust1:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I wish those bastards down there would quit sending us all of their Sauv Blanc & start exporting more Chard. Their Pinots are the bomb though.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
The Chinese discovered them in China. When NZ exported them marketing figured Chinese gooseberry or yangtao wasn't a good name.

Last edited:

SquadraCorse

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Ridgefield CT
Hell yes it is!

Do a Ridemonkey search for '42Below'.
While we're on the topic of Kiwi booze, If you haven't had Steinlager or Canterbury Draught you haven't lived :cheers:. I went to take a tour of the CD brewery last time I was visiting family and they weren't offering the tour anymore :plthumbsdown:

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Honestly the Steinlager is not a beer I'd recomend.
There are so many beers out there that are far superior like the Emersons, Montheiths or Stanley green.....

:cheers:

Last edited: