You give em a dictatorship, they kill each other
You free them of the dictatorship, they kill each other
You draw a cartoon, they kill people

you cant win

Brunettes

Monkey
Jul 27, 2005
East Coast
I'm starting to think that Saddam knew the only way to keep them under control. I know there were alot innocent people that were killed by him but at least they wern't getting blown up when they go to the market.
Now we're being blamed for the Mosque bombing...it's time to leave and write it up in the history books as "the time U.S. made a big mistake"

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Brunettes said:
I'm starting to think that Saddam knew the only way to keep them under control. I know there were alot innocent people that were killed by him but at least they wern't getting blown up when they go to the market.
Now we're being blamed for the Mosque bombing...it's time to leave and write it up in the history books as "the time U.S. made a big mistake"
Isnt one day of freedom better than a lifetime of imprisonment, though?

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
BurlyShirley said:
Isnt one day of freedom better than a lifetime of imprisonment, though?
That's some idealistic BS right there. Man, you are wading in it these days.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
BeerDemon said:
That's some idealistic BS right there. Man, you are wading in it these days.
So you think life under a dicatator is better, then? Thats awesome. I suppose you think slavery should still be around because too many people died in our civil war.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
BurlyShirley said:
You give em a dictatorship, they kill each other
You free them of the dictatorship, they kill each other
You draw a cartoon, they kill people

you cant win

i´m really having the same thoughts about certain parts of the world.. SA included....

Brunettes

Monkey
Jul 27, 2005
East Coast
N8 said:
Kill them all and let Allah sort 'em out..?

:confused:
No need for us to do anything, they'll do it themselves. Everyone wants their piece of the land back..then you've got the ones that want power, they've all got religous problems and it makes for something that will never end.

If we don't start saving our resources and military we're screwed, end of story. With all the "security" we're still weak right now and when WWIII (Iran) comes in a few years (maybe months?) we're going to be exhausted in every way.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
BurlyShirley said:
So you think life under a dicatator is better, then? Thats awesome. I suppose you think slavery should still be around because too many people died in our civil war.
I'll just keep quoting you while you continue to exponentially increase the dumb factor of your posts.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
BurlyShirley said:
Better then being worried I'll be blown up if i step outside, or shot by either side, or kidnapped for talking to a foreigner?

Yep.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Transcend said:
Better then being worried I'll be blown up if i step outside, or shot by either side, or kidnapped for talking to a foreigner?

Yep.
Blood is freedom's stain, canuck.

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
ohio said:
And illegal wiretapping is freedom's chalk outline.
actually it's perfectly legal to intercept comunications coming into and originating from the U.S. aimed at a know enemy, as long as one end of the communication is not U.S. based. If I called germany during WWII it would be legitimate to tap the call. That precedent was set and tested during the Carter administration. :nonono:

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
noname said:
actually it's perfectly legal to intercept comunications coming into and originating from the U.S. aimed at a know enemy, as long as one end of the communication is not U.S. based. If I called germany during WWII it would be legitimate to tap the call. That precedent was set and tested during the Carter administration. :nonono:
Which is why you'll note that I wrote illegal wiretapping. Yes, there is perfectly legal wiretapping that allows us to surveil pretty much anyone, even if the calls are purely domestic/internal. For some reason that wasn't sufficient for Bush et al, and he decided to conduct ILLEGAL wiretaps in addition to the legal ones.

The only reason I can possibly come up with was that he wanted to avoid even the minimal oversight of a retroactive, secret court. Why would he want to avoid that oversight? Well, while his motivation for doing it matters to me, at doesn't really matter to the law... which he very clearly broke.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
ohio said:
Which is why you'll note that I wrote illegal wiretapping. Yes, there is perfectly legal wiretapping that allows us to survey pretty much anyone, even if the calls are purely domestic/internal. For some reason that wasn't sufficient for Bush et al, and he decided to conduct ILLEGAL wiretaps in addition to the legal ones.

The only reason I can possibly come up with was that he wanted to avoid even the minimal oversight of a retroactive, secret court. Why would he want to avoid that oversight? Well, while his motivation for doing it matters to me, at doesn't really matter to the law... which he very clearly broke.

But....but but........sean hannity said...........um uh........but but......

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
ummm, to anyone who didn't see this coming they should really read their history books:

Marshall Tito

and the

Yugoslav Wars

Hmmm, one dictator holding a country together despite religious and ethnic diversity, and when said dictator dies (or is removed from power), Civil War breaks out. Hmmmmmmmmm. "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
I think we'll get some kind of power-sharing agreement between Shia and Sunni that'll last just long enough for the US to pull out, then a civil war for a year or so before a dictator more palatable to the west takes power.