Quantcast

I guess I passed my physical.....

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
In order to get the cheaper benies rate from work, we have to have a biometric screening and physical to show we're in good shape, or make changes in our lifestyle to warrant our deserving the better rates. I passed my biometric earlier, and had my physical this morning before shift. Though I don't have the blood work and pee numbers, it looks like I passed-ish, so my pocketbook will be happy.

Also looks like RM is stuck with me for another year...................

(and no, I did NOT have to turn my head and cough this time)

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
I did that chit last year, plus had to prove a bunch of 'health related' activities - racing license, gym membership, etc. to get a lower rate - was still listed as 'overweight' on my BMI crap, despite having the lowest LDL or HDL (whichever is the good cholesterol?) levels of anyone on my jorb.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i've got to get biometrics for my insurance as well, helps me keep a lower rate. plus my company tosses an extra $500/year towards insurance costs for completing them.

all my levels were really good, and i'm borderline overweight. 195lbs @ 6'1". Binge and purge.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
BMI is outdated, flawed science that was flawed and outdated before it was even brought out. People today are larger and heavier due to advances in health sciences, diet and training...plus, it doesnt take somatotype into account. I am 5'9", and about 210...and I am not morbidly obese. If I was I would be out of a job, and would not be as active as I am. And I am pretty hyperactive...

:D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
BMI is outdated, flawed science that was flawed and outdated before it was even brought out. People today are larger and heavier due to advances in health sciences, diet and training...plus, it doesnt take somatotype into account. I am 5'9", and about 210...and I am not morbidly obese. If I was I would be out of a job, and would not be as active as I am. And I am pretty hyperactive...

:D
thanks dr science

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I've got to follow up on my application for life insurance... Like pulling teeth. Good thing I have decent dental coverage.

Chimp
Mar 22, 2011
I've got to follow up on my application for life insurance... Like pulling teeth. Good thing I have decent dental coverage.
I've been blessed with elevated blood pressure which is well under control with meds and tons of exercise, etc. However, any attempts at adding another term policy are met with higher rates and more questions. It's be easier if I were a lazy fat-ass drinking slob.