CC IS-2, IS-2i
CC Solos IS
FSA ORBIT IS

last question why does CK "refuse to build an integrated headset"

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
so after three pages you still can't figure out a headset for your frame...wow.

since you asked: http://www.chrisking.com/pdfs/Int Headsets Explained.pdf

King at one time made an internal headset called the perdido, but it was their own 'standard'. No one adopted it so king stopped making it.
King does make a reducing headset, it just for 1 1/4 to 1 1/8 not 1.5 to 1 1/8. If you think about the last frame you had with a 1 1/4 head tube, it will give you an idea of King's development lead time. In other words, it will be YEARS before they can/will design and build a 1.5 headset (they still have not finished the isis bb done yet and soon that will be obsolete).

Imperial

Chimp
Jun 3, 2006
I say get a whole E13 setup ive run the e13 1.5 for ages very solid and smooth and less stress,But i have had problems trying to find anoter one for my other bike lo any ideas do they still sell them?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
zmtber said:
out of these headsets what do you recommend to go with the e13 cups
CC IS-8, IS-8i
CC IS-6
CC IS-2, IS-2i
CC Solos IS
FSA ORBIT IS
FSA. CC is poop IMO.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I've had a Cane Creek Xc headset for 3 years now and haven't had any trouble with it aside from the plastic interlocking spacers creaking, once I ditched them and put in some metal spacers the creaking went away. The cups are on the tall side but I can't say that I've been any slower because my front end is too high, I think some people here are hyper-sensitive about bar height.

That said the E13 solution is really slick except for the confusion about what bearings will fit and where to get them. I reccomend Go-ride if you are going to order the E13 cups, their headset page lists a kit with everything you'll need to use the E13 cups without worrying about forgetting to order one part or having to throw parts away, and it's FSA if you are one of those people who think CC is crap.

About CK, I'll keep back most of my comments but, over the last 3-4 years CK has given me the impression of being less and less connected to the industry and unable to deliver products that the market is demanding. Anymore I think they are selling product on name alone, other manufacturers have comparable quality at the same price or better.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
alright, so what i have seen is either A take a gamble with the CC, and i assume these things feel better, of go with B the reliable FSA

in all go the E13 way!

thank you