Quantcast

I have Pres' Day off next monday... let's ride!

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
I may hit TWP, Knotts NASCAR SuperSpeedWay or Slurpant.. anyone care to join? I'm looking at starting around late morning. PM me if you wanna ride so we can discuss the proper grip diameter for optimum speed gain.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Orven,
I'm totally down for a ride tomorrow morning. I rode the SuperSpeedWay this evening and it was suprisingly dry-no-rut-tacky-dirt, so it was even faster. We can ride there or whatever

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
ncrider said:
Orven,
I'm totally down for a ride tomorrow morning. I rode the SuperSpeedWay this evening and it was suprisingly dry-no-rut-tacky-dirt, so it was even faster. We can ride there or whatever
I just built a trail bike that I will be riding on with my GF on an xc ride today. I'm just waiting for the "sun" to come out...

I'm thinking Monday late morning. If it's raining, I may stay local...wanna try some southern flavor trail? Come on down..

MTDBIKE

Chimp
Jan 7, 2004
1/2 FLIGHTLINE
Orven said:
I may hit TWP, Knotts NASCAR SuperSpeedWay or Slurpant.. anyone care to join? I'm looking at starting around late morning. PM me if you wanna ride so we can discuss the proper grip diameter for optimum speed gain.
Is'nt Slurpies too gooey after the rains? How about EC near the border.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Orven said:
Orven, I may be in, but I have to be sure my chain's coefficient of friction is suitable for the conditions...

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Mark, Slurpie drains mighty good. There are enough coffins there to control the wash (and disrespectful riders rolling jumps).. Is 'Nascar' rideable?

MTDBIKE

Chimp
Jan 7, 2004
1/2 FLIGHTLINE
Orven said:
Mark, Slurpie drains mighty good. There are enough coffins there to control the wash (and disrespectful riders rolling jumps).. Is 'Nascar' rideable?
Nascar Speedway has a lot of clay soil, especially in the berms that then to pool up a little. The upward trail is actually worse. I would wait for the sun to dry it out for at least three days or so.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I could be down. But I don't need to hurt myself with anything aerial, either, this close to my trip...hmmmm...

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Hey Mike I thought you had already left for your trip. Guess not. Today looks like a great day for drying things out....err maybe.

Riding tomorrow sounds good, but I need to recalibrate my pulley guides for proper leverage to pedal ratio.....

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
ncrider said:
Hey Mike I thought you had already left for your trip. Guess not. Today looks like a great day for drying things out....err maybe.

Riding tomorrow sounds good, but I need to recalibrate my pulley guides for proper leverage to pedal ratio.....
No, I was supposed to leave on Tuesday. And now I'm leaving on the 28th, damned government job hiring requirements...

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
So if the weather holds up tonight and tomorrow morning....can we all hit Nascar tomorrow say before lunch time? I maybe able to climb it this time with my new trail bike.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
I'd say Nascar is a go for the morning. Everybody's welcome to come out. I'm gona bring my digi.

What time then... 9-ish?

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Have fun....looks like I'll be XCing or roading later in the day.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
decided to stay local. some local spots here prolly need some tlc after the recent rains. slurp! all these posts and no ride :p

till next time!