Quantcast

I just got a new frame...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So, I just got another frame. Full carbon Look 496 Time Trial/Tri frame. The previous owner said the seat tube was off by 1mm, so he warrantied it. We threw it on the stand, and it is fine. The seatpost might be crooked, but the Seat tube it straight. I love stupid, overly picky people. :bonk:
After the race next weekend, I an going to strip down the 481 and build this bike up as a true Tri-bike. The 481 will be built up as a 105-10sp, full carbon build road bike when I get cash.

The picture is crap as it is from my cell phone, but it gets the message across.

Jeronimo

Monkey
Jul 11, 2006
behind that boulder
So, I just got another frame. Full carbon Look 496 Time Trial/Tri frame. The previous owner said the seat tube was off by 1mm, so he warrantied it. We threw it on the stand, and it is fine. The seatpost might be crooked, but the Seat tube it straight. I love stupid, overly picky people. :bonk:
After the race next weekend, I an going to strip down the 481 and build this bike up as a true Tri-bike. The 481 will be built up as a 105-10sp, full carbon build road bike when I get cash.
Nit-picking roadies are the gheyest, even gheyer than tri-geeks.

That frame screams, "LOOK at me!"

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Nice frame. I really don't understand why LOOK frames are so damned expensive. are they really that much better than others? I mean, $10 grand seems a bit excessive for a frame!