I just made...

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
POTATO CHIPS :D All by myself :)

Yum!

Take 2 potatos...wash and peel

slice as thin as possible 1/8" is best - wash the slices until the water runs clear.

mix melted butter, lemon, lime, salt and pepper, some oil if you like.

heat oven to 500

place carefully on two cookie sheets. They can touch but not overlap.

place both sheets in your oven at once when hot - cook for 9 minutes, then switch positions of cookie sheets and cook another 7. Take out and let cool - they'll finish crisping as they cool

mmmmm

TASTY!

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
hmmm, sounds interesting, I think I'll try it. How about mixing Bar-B-Q sauce with the butter in stead of Lemon? think it'd work?

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
While we're on wine...
If you can get anything from Januik winery, do it.
Dunham makes an awesome Syrah (Shiraz is the Austrlian name for it)
BV Coastal Estates Cab is an awesome value.
Willamette Valley Pinot Noir rocks.
Beringer Knights Valley Cab is so complex your mind will reel.
Secco Bertani Sangiovese is an old favorite, as are McManus Cab and Masciarelli Montepulciano d'abruzzo.
Basically, PM me if you wanna discuss wine ;) I think I am the only biker (besides a friend that I sorta kinda helped get into it) who actually drinks the stuff over beer.

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
Hey now, let's at least be semi-specific here... what kind of shiraz/syrah have you had that was only "good", and which merlot's are your favorite? There's so much more to a wine than just the grape used to make it.

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
Well, it's easy-drinking, if you want to phrase it positively, but it lacks complexity. I'd buy it for an everyday drinking wine, but I like to experiment too much to settle for the ordinary. It's a killer deal for the quality, especially if you buy it at Costco in the magnum. Ever tried any of their blends? I've only had the Shiraz.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Ever tried any of their blends? I've only had the Shiraz.
I usually get the Shiraz. It goes nicely with a marinated steak. I'm considering bringing a bottle of their Chardonnay with me for Thanksgiving dinner.

All of the Yellow Tail wines are inexpensive at the local Liquor warehouse, <$10 for a 1.5l