Quantcast

I love my job....

Today at work, the YMCA...we are gonna luanch model rockets..Im stoked!! When I was a kid I never got to do it, but now I do! :D We luanched one last week and after a little research I know what motors to get to make em' go higher!! :evil: Sorry I had to share this with some one, Im excited! :thumb:

one rocket goes 450 feet up and the other is 750' but I saw one in the store that goes 1700 feet up...**MUAH** :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
:D i am envious. my job is somewhat cool in that i basically play with gadgets all day long, an outgrowth of my setting everyone's digital clocks back when i was a wee lad. if only the people who own the gadgets didn't suck

Tenchiro said:
Model rockets are awesome, especially the ones with little cameras in the nosecone.

yea i saw those online, i also saw one that you could put bugs in a plexiglass section of the rocket and luanch it with "LIVE CARGO" that would be cool, becuase I would make the kids clean it :D Im stoked cant wait to get ot work, the Y pays for the kids rockets too! its sweet!

Toshi said:
:D i am envious. my job is somewhat cool in that i basically play with gadgets all day long, an outgrowth of my setting everyone's digital clocks back when i was a wee lad. if only the people who own the gadgets didn't suck

Im there with ya buddy!...when i used to work in car audio i go tto play with fiberglass, electronics and wood...then drink beer after work....what else could a guy ask for?!

but my customers were usally jackasses!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I only have one rocket, in my pocket. I'm sure I would get fired or sued if I started to play with it at work.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
bibs said:
I saw that at the store too!..I got one thats a anti tank bomb and the other is a patriot missle or somthing.... :D :thumb:
I hope it works better than a real patriot missle. haha They just go up and crash into the ground and explode.

We did model rockets in science class in jr high. The teacher inspected all the rockets to make sure we didn't do anything stupid. After he checked them, we took the parachute out and replaced it with a homemade bomb. That was one of the coolest things I have ever seen. The teacher was so mad he didn't even know what to do. There really wasn't any evidence left. We just said it must have been a faulty engine. lol

Oh yeah....I need your help with my car stereo one of these days. My new rig has one of those annoying flip face ones that I want to ditch and replace with my MP3 player. Only I want to put it in a locking center consol so it won't get jacked at whistler.

Have fun at your buddy's bachelor party :rolleyes:

buildyourown said:
I hope it works better than a real patriot missle. haha They just go up and crash into the ground and explode.

We did model rockets in science class in jr high. The teacher inspected all the rockets to make sure we didn't do anything stupid. After he checked them, we took the parachute out and replaced it with a homemade bomb. That was one of the coolest things I have ever seen. The teacher was so mad he didn't even know what to do. There really wasn't any evidence left. We just said it must have been a faulty engine. lol

Oh yeah....I need your help with my car stereo one of these days. My new rig has one of those annoying flip face ones that I want to ditch and replace with my MP3 player. Only I want to put it in a locking center consol so it won't get jacked at whistler.

Have fun at your buddy's bachelor party :rolleyes:
yea i can hrlp ya, and I WILL have fun! 2 strippers! and 2 kegs and a HUGE BBQ!! :evil:

Ice Bullit

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
Seattle, WA
My dad and I used to do the high powr rockets, he has a rocket that takes a I or J motor and I know that they go at least up to P or Q now and have multiple stages controlled by a altimeter. The biggest I have ever flown in G, but it is so fun to watch them fly :D

Check out this website if you want to know more:

http://www.northwestrocketry.com/