Quantcast

I love the fedex man! My new Foes is here!!

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Please oh please PLEASE keep us updated on your experience with the frame...well shock really. I'm looking (tentatively) for a frame for next season and the 5" version with that shock is on the short list.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
A soon as I get her built up and trail tested I'll report. I have ridden Foes DH/trail bikes for years now and have been awaiting the release of this bike for quite awhile now. I'm really excited!

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Thats hawt!
Foes have always made some sick, sick stuff.
One of these days I'll have to pony up....

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Will you have it tomorrow at the Hood Race??
No. I decided to run my 2:1 FXR. From what I heard of the course, it seemed like not quite a DH bike course, and not quite an XC bike course. The FXR should be perfect! I think I'll run the XCT for the 12 Mile Super D in Ashland though.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
No. I decided to run my 2:1 FXR. From what I heard of the course, it seemed like not quite a DH bike course, and not quite an XC bike course. The FXR should be perfect! I think I'll run the XCT for the 12 Mile Super D in Ashland though.
Wow. nice stable. Those 2:1 FXR's are nice too. Tomorrow should be cool. I'll be on a raw finish Turner RFX. Seems like popular letters for this style bike...

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Wow. nice stable. Those 2:1 FXR's are nice too. Tomorrow should be cool. I'll be on a raw finish Turner RFX. Seems like popular letters for this style bike...
I'll be on a red FXR with the Johnson sisters. See you there!

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Nice ride! What does the der. hanger look like? I've has a FXR for several years. It was a very well constructed bike, but the hanger just wasn't robust enough.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Will you be racing in Bend this weekend on your new ride?
I'd love to see it.

No, I don't do too many XC races, just occasionally if I'm feeling like torturing myself. But I race endurance DH and super-d so the XCT will be an alternative for those really XCish super d's, and just my main XC riding bike. I might run it for the 12 mile super d in Ashland. I couple people have told me the course is pretty smooth and pedally so I might ride it over my FXR.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Did it come with an armpit guard?
Watch it buddy.

As for the bike, it's review time. I have put some time on the XCT-4 and all I can say is WOW! It will be replacing my XC bike permanently. It fits me perfectly (which is amazing considering very few full suspension bikes are small enough for me). I was really blown away with how little the shock moves while climbing. I keep looking down at it to "catch" it bobbing, but it just doesn't. Going over something harsh, or a big bump while climbing will over come the pedal platform just enough to soften it out, but then it goes right back to not moving. It climbs like a hardtail. Simply amazing.

And as for descending? Well, being an ex-downhiller I have a very high standard for what I think descends well. In my opinion, most XC bikes don't descend well. Most feel harsh and have a fair amount of chatter. The XCT-4 has none of these negative characteristics. It's smooth as butter the whole way down and absolutely rails the turns.

The air shock is great. Lots of adjustability and feels incredibly plush. The travel feels endless, even though it only has 4 inches. The bike handles really well, not twitchy in the steering like I find most short travel XC bikes to be.

My frame weighed in at 6 pounds on the nose. I haven't weighed the whole bike yet because I haven't been down at the shop to use the scale. And, a handful of parts are going to be replaced this summer anyways so that should drastically change the final weight. I used a build kit off my old XC bike so over the next couple months it will get new XT cranks, new 717/WTB Laser Disc Lite wheels, new thompson post, and new bars and stem yet to be determined.

Overall, I am 100% happy with the bike.