Quantcast

I ordered some Ritchey WCS compact cranks

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
What do you think of Ritchey components? I have no experience with them so I'm just wondering.

J

JRB

JMAC said:
What do you think of Ritchey components? I have no experience with them so I'm just wondering.
I've liked everything before. They got good reviews.

J

JRB

LordOpie said:
what made you choose them over FSA? Do you have a change out the BB?
Octalink rather than ISIS. I was gonna get the gossamers with an integrated BB, but that was $50 more. I like my Ultegra BB and I can put my 53-39s on any time with just an arm swap and a derailleur adjusments. I do like Ritchey stuff and some folks said that these are stiffer than Ultegra. I hope I like them.

J

JRB

yay - Jan 10, 2005 8:30 A.M. BELTON, TX, US OUT FOR DELIVERY

After today or tomorrow, the hills won't matter so much.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i'm happy for you. i can't get the cranks off my TX4000 bike. that crank bolt is not moving. that makes me sad.

J

JRB

Now I just gotta get home - Jan 10, 2005 2:45 P.M. BELTON, TX, US DELIVERY

J

JRB

I put me a 36 tooth little ring on Saturday and can actually use my little ring around here. Rather than swap cranks on my ride, I think I will get a 52 tooth big ring to use. I spent all last night in the 50 until the cool down. I kind of want a little more meat.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
The only thing I did not like about those cranks is the concave design of the crank arms. My ankles hit the crank arms, so I figured that design would irritate me after a while.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
LordOpie said:
nice.

Can you just put an 11t on in place of a 12t? Assuming you had one.
If they are like Shimano MTB cassettes you can not easily swap the 12 for an 11. The rotation of the teeth is different and the chain will not smoothly shift into or out of the 11 tooth cassette.

J

JRB

The gaps appear to be the same to me. Pretty close. I guess I will shut up.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I've been running a set of 110 bcd Ritchey Logic road cranks since '95 Funny how fads come and go eh?. They are back on my Road Logic which has turned into my commuter/winter bike. Picked up some new WCS compacts for the 'optimo the other day when I switched from SRM to Powertap. Glad to see Ritchey (sungino really) has kept the narrow q-factor of yore. And they are black, which was my main selling point...