Quantcast

I remember when this was a Bike forum??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
We have threads about Baby poop, Girl problems, Music, N8's news crap (I can get CNN.com myself), the Respect circus, etc.. The stuff about bikes sinks into nowhere land after 3 posts?? You guys don't ride anymore? I used to love to logon and read about bikes, who got a new one, where somebody went to ride, a race, questions about equipment, Location photos, etc.. Monday AM on the Monkey was cool. Now I am afraid it is just about Baby poop?? Come on guys who cares about Baby poop on a Mountain Bike forum.....Rant over......jdcamb

J

JRB

Yeah it's a shame. People even make threads about other threads.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
jdcamb said:
We have threads about Baby poop, Girl problems, Music, N8's news crap (I can get CNN.com myself), the Respect circus, etc.. The stuff about bikes sinks into nowhere land after 3 posts?? You guys don't ride anymore? I used to love to logon and read about bikes, who got a new one, where somebody went to ride, a race, questions about equipment, Location photos, etc.. Monday AM on the Monkey was cool. Now I am afraid it is just about Baby poop?? Come on guys who cares about Baby poop on a Mountain Bike forum.....Rant over......jdcamb
It's evolution, mah man. Evolution. Or maybe devolution.

Or maybe it's just that you're becoming a crotchety old man. :nopity: :D

-S.S.-

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
jdcamb said:
Amen brotha!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
SkaredShtles said:
It's evolution, mah man. Evolution. Or maybe devolution.

Or maybe it's just that you're becoming a crotchety old man. :nopity: :D

-S.S.-
Maybe your right....but I am still riding and this is still a MOUNTAIN BIKE FORUM! Can't you folks go to RaisingYourDemonSeed.com to post about Baby poop? ......jdcamb

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
What about biking needs to be discussed in the Lounge that can't be discussed in one of the many other various and specific forums?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
LordOpie said:
What about biking needs to be discussed in the Lounge that can't be discussed in one of the many other various and specific forums?
They are kind of weak too lately IMO.....jdcamb

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Sounds like you need access to the Mod's Forum, based on what little of it I've seen in the past. If I recall correctly, there were a lot of long time monkeys who are non-mods who hang out in there...?

:confused:

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
last I remember the lounge was for everything else besides bikes...a place to go when you're all biked out no?....D

KrusteeButt

I can't believe its not butter!
Jul 3, 2001
why the hell do YOU care?!
Jd...it's been that way for a long time...this isn't something that's happened just recently, there's just more of it because RM has more members every day. It's the way almost every forum/board on the internet is. And it will only increase more and more as a forum gets new members. You just eventually learn to pick and choose what you'll pay attention to, which forums you'll frequent, and even to some extent which members you'll ignore.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
On the lounge front page right now:
- Norway Ride Pics
- Petition for Bike Lanes
- Front Range XC Goodness
- Sunday AM Ride
- TDF Question
- Electrolyte Imbalance
- My New Ride
- I think Im done w/ Mt Biking
- 5 Spot Vs 575
(Not including bike related threads that dont have bike related titles)

How is this not a bike forum, everyone here rides right?
9 bike threads on page 1 at first glance (not including yours), probably more. Stop--------> :mumble: and post sime entertainng ride pics or something

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
jdcamb said:
You forgot cat pics...cat pics are WAY more important than baby crap or any ride...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
golgiaparatus said:
On the lounge front page right now:
- Norway Ride Pics
- Petition for Bike Lanes
- Front Range XC Goodness
- Sunday AM Ride
- TDF Question
- Electrolyte Imbalance
- My New Ride
- I think Im done w/ Mt Biking
- 5 Spot Vs 575
(Not including bike related threads that dont have bike related titles)

How is this not a bike forum, everyone here rides right?
9 bike threads on page 1 at first glance (not including yours), probably more. Stop--------> :mumble: and post sime entertainng ride pics or something
At 9:30AM EST there was only 2 bike related threads that weren't stickys. I can see posting something funny, odd, and personal now and then.... But some folks could care less about bikes (as those threads seem to disappear quickly) and only post what I will call Baby poop threads. If I have something to say I will post it. If not then I just lurk until something interesting comes along. I will take note of your quityourbitching tone though.......jdcamb

Clark Kent

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Mpls
jdcamb said:
They are kind of weak too lately IMO.....jdcamb

Its been going on steadily for a year or so...More people on the board...less of them that ride everyday...you end up with more "yahoo talk"...Its just some of em are too old for I.M.! :D

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
I miss the good ol' days, when there weren't so many whiny beatches on this board. Its the freaking lounge! Now get over it. There is a XC forum on this board just like there is a DH forum.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I usually ride a minimum of 5 times a week - but... well... I just don't have the urge to make a post about each one. I mean I got on the bike, spun the cranks and went places... after a while they would all sound the same:

Me: I rode my bike, I went places, it was cool, aren't I bad?

Random Poster: Woohoo buddy - pat yourself on the back.

Others: Dead silence.

BurlySurly: Eat meat dude.

N8: GW is GOD, why can't you see this?

L'Opie: I'm a Jew and my road bike is NOT THAT BAD!

Skookum: I'm not impressed. :monkey:

:p :p :p

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
jdcamb said:
At 9:30AM EST there was only 2 bike related threads that weren't stickys. I can see posting something funny, odd, and personal now and then.... But some folks could care less about bikes (as those threads seem to disappear quickly) and only post what I will call Baby poop threads. If I have something to say I will post it. If not then I just lurk until something interesting comes along. I will take note of your quityourbitching tone though.......jdcamb
I wasnt trying to be rude, I just wanted to use that sweet mumble smiley, I can stare at it foir long periods of time, when he does the fist in hand I chuckle every time.

Seriously though, I have been on this board for a while now and I dont see a big change in the lounge, the first post I ever made was in the "whats in your pocket right now" thread. I really dont see much change in the lounge, people entertaining themselves while the time passes at work... most of said people will be riding as soon as they get off.

The cool part is there are a lot of people who know their chit on this board so you dont get the mass load of bike related threads like a lot of boards get like "I hate Shimano because I cant shift"

Clark Kent

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Mpls
Serial Midget said:
I usually ride a minimum of 5 times a week - but... well... I just don't have the urge to make a post about each one. I mean I got on the bike, spun the cranks and went places... after a while they would all sound the same:

Me: I rode my bike, I went places, it was cool, aren't I bad?

Random Poster: Woohoo buddy - pat yourself on the back.

Others: Dead silence.

BurlySurly: Eat meat dude.

N8: GW is GOD, why can't you see this?

L'Opie: I'm a Jew and my road bike is NOT THAT BAD!

Skookum: I'm not impressed. :monkey:

:p :p :p
LO-frikin-L

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
golgiaparatus said:
Seriously though, I have been on this board for a while now and I dont see a big change in the lounge, the first post I ever made was in the "whats in your pocket right now" thread. I really dont see much change in the lounge, people entertaining themselves while the time passes at work... most of said people will be riding as soon as they get off.
I remember that thread - I had $100.00 in twenties, car keys and a condom. :evil:

Phish still sucks... :blah:

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
BMXman said:
last I remember the lounge was for everything else besides bikes...a place to go when you're all biked out no?....D

i always thought that was one of the things that made the lounge cool- it is a hangout, right? since when do "hangouts" have restrictions on topics?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
slowSSer said:
i always thought that was one of the things that made the lounge cool- it is a hangout, right? since when do "hangouts" have restrictions on topics?
When they meet the approval of (administrative edit) XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

splat

Nam I am
JDcamb , I know what you mean. I find my self spending less and less time in here.

I 'd much rather see some biking Pics , or Bike talk, than pics of some moron fagget running around in a bed sheet. and I have noticed when I post my Riding pics , they quickly drop off of the page.

While the TDF play by play , may seam a little ridculous ( seeing as you can get it your self ) , at least it is biking involved. and that is a definate plus for it.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
splat said:
I 'd much rather see some biking Pics , or Bike talk, than pics of some moron fagget running around in a bed sheet. and I have noticed when I post my Riding pics , they quickly drop off of the page.

DDDDDDDDDAAYUMMM!!! SMACK down!

Not that I'm supporting or not supporting any moron faggots runnign around in a bed sheet, but I think people look at the pics and don't say much...i know I see pictures and I start to write Cool pics! then I'm like eh...that lends nothing to the thread...but then again errr...uhhh...nevermind... :D

But I look at your pics...just saw some the other day of you with your son...cool pics! :thumb:

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
splat said:

DDDDDDDDDAAYUMMM!!! SMACK down!

Not that I'm supporting or not supporting any moron faggots runnign around in a bed sheet, but I think people look at the pics and don't say much...i know I see pictures and I start to write Cool pics! then I'm like eh...that lends nothing to the thread...but then again errr...uhhh...nevermind... :D

But I look at your pics...just saw some the other day of you with your son...cool pics! :thumb:

I'd rather see the faggots with the sheets myself. :stosh:

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
Well I have to say that some of the non biking threads are rather fantastic...and I never use the word 'fantastic' but I'd have to say that that thread where Danzig got bitch slapped was...FANTASTIC...

Yeah the big dude was all you were wrong in Where Eagles Dare. You are a goddamned son of a bitch. Think about that baby. :dancing:

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
Clark Kent said:
Boohoo...I'm such a cry baby and get mad because someone disagrees with me.:

Its the lounge, any topic goes. People come in here to speak there minds or just say whatever. Like I said before, there is an XC lounge in this forum...
I guess you are going to run back to your igloo crying now because I spoke my mind and disagreed with you.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Joe Pozer said:
Its the lounge, any topic goes. People come in here to speak there minds or just say whatever. Like I said before, there is an XC lounge in this forum...
I guess you are going to run back to your igloo crying now because I spoke my mind and disagreed with you.
CK's consistently grumpy, just ignore him.

D

Dingus McGee

loco-gringo said:
You are a goddamned son of a bitch. Think about that baby.

AHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Damn, now it's stuck in my head...in my head... 40 EYES....crap...

:dead:

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Oh boo frickin' hoo...

The title of the thread wasn't descriptive enough for you to avoid reading it? Did you think that maybe there was some bike content in it? :nuts:

retard...

jdcamb said:

D

Dingus McGee

You tell 'em...and BTW, you should change your hella custom title to:

Miss Baby Poop

I slay me!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
MMike said:
Oh boo frickin' hoo...

The title of the thread wasn't descriptive enough for you to avoid reading it? Did you think that maybe there was some bike content in it? :nuts:

retard...
Your assuming a lot here genius. Like that I read your thread. I am assuming from the title that I wouldn't be interested in it because.....very few threads involving Baby poop have any bike content in them. However I am shocked at the post count as compared to the thread about the Front Range which was about bikes and of interest to me. I guess I am wrong post away about Baby poop :think: .....jdcamb

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
jdcamb said:
However I am shocked at the post count as compared to the thread about the Front Range which was about bikes and of interest to me. I guess I am wrong post away about Baby poop :think: .....jdcamb
There is very little difference between the two right now. 18 vs 19 posts. 209 vs 223 reads.

Now if you were to compare the numbers of the Front Range post to the ones of this non bike related thread, then you might have something. :mumble:

Status
Not open for further replies.