Quantcast

i showed up some boys today...

mohshee

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
MD by way of Austin, TX
It was kind of fun, though I certainly didn't intend to do it. Hubby and I were on a group ride with a bunch of locals who happen to ride this particular trail regularly. It is a technical trail with lots of slow, very rocky, narrow, tricky sections. Lots of hidden loops and stuff too. It's pretty fun but Mr. Moshee and I don't get out there too often because it's pretty far from us.

Anyways, the ride was about 3 hours long total. And there were 6 guys and me. We reached one particular tricky downhill (it didn't look too bad to me, but definitely took some finesse), and the guys in front of me just stopped and stared and said, 'oh don't worry, we take the way around it...it's a lot less difficult.' I just bombed down the thing, with Mr. Moshee behind me. The other guys went around the "easy way".

I love those kind things. :)

weimie

Monkey
May 11, 2006
Boulder, CO
Nice job! It's amazing how much riding DH influences your XC riding. Makes alot of those challenging sections look like nothing because you've seen waaaay worse :)

redFoxx

Monkey
Apr 15, 2005
Seattle
It's a great feeling to be able to try something first, even if it's not successful, which in your case was! Good job. And showing boys up, bonus.

mohshee

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
MD by way of Austin, TX
Nice job! It's amazing how much riding DH influences your XC riding. Makes alot of those challenging sections look like nothing because you've seen waaaay worse :)
it's so true. i look back at a lot of xc things that I wouldn't touch a couple of months ago, and now they don't intimidate me at all. I LOVE that!!!!!!!!

luvz2ridez

Monkey
Jul 19, 2006
Shoreline, WA
I'm hoping to get to that point soon. I've always rode XC and now am trying to transition into more DHing and am somewhat skiddish about things. I'm hoping to overcome this soon.

mohshee

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
MD by way of Austin, TX
you will. The more you ride DH and the more you gradually increase the level of your technical skills, you'll see a big change. I think my ballsiness increased too, as a direct result of riding the DH bike. I just point and shoot and let her rip, and that usually works ;) -- And I've only been riding DH for 4 months and it feels a lot longer.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Nice :thumb: The last time I went DHing (1st time since the baby) I hesitated on things and my hubby rides up next to me and says "what's the problem...you'd ride down that on your XC bike" and speeds off. He's right...I just need more time on my DH bike to get my mojo going again. I'll ride just about anything on my XC bike these days.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I've been shown up by girls a few times. If there were more girls in the sport, it would be more frequent.

Once, was at Whistler last year. After scouting out the A-line drop/roll-in, I got on my bike to roll down it. Just before I went, a girl (probably about my age) was pinning it, and hucked the right side (drop).

A-line drop:

Maybe, I'll hit it next time.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
For the first time in my life (on Friday), I smoked my brother-in-law on a bike. Granted, he hasn't been riding in a while, but he was the guy that used to get everyone to do new things and boy did it feel good :evil: