Quantcast

I spy 2011...SRAM

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
So is the x9 crank the new version of the stylo crank?

edit: looks like the cranks in the pictures won't allow three rings. I wouldn't be suprised if they will be offered in different spider configurations.

Last edited:

4130biker

May 24, 2007
and will XX disappear now that there is 10spd X0?

If this will be anything like the x7 thread, things are about to get messy!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
stuff looks good...love this time of year...

personally i don't hate 10spd, if i had the extra $$$ laying around when I did my last build I would have done a 1x10 XX...

now im stuck with this 1x9 trash.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Looks the same. I wonder if there are any improvements in durability, functionality or weight.
The cassette looks particularly minimalist. I'd guess it has lost some weight there.

I'd also like to see some more info on the brakes.

Runner

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
CT
I'll happily keep buying the (soon to be cheaper) X0 gear, I have no need for 10 speed...

4130biker

May 24, 2007
this is the DH forum!! why are there non-DH parts here??!?!?!?!?
For the same reason that the santa cruz single pivots have been dominating the forums-we ride dh, but that doesn't mean that's all we like. Most of don't exlusively ride dh, and like it or not, we are stuck with alot of these xc components.

Last edited:

bogusbill

Chimp
Oct 16, 2009
I would like to see a 8 or 9 speed 13-36 rear cog for slogging heavy rigs up hill with a 22-36 front so there is at least the 36-13 for freeride. The XX rear cog is a work fugin CNC machined art, but I don't want to replace shifter and derailure for 10 speed.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I'll happily keep buying the (soon to be cheaper) X0 gear, I have no need for 10 speed...
X2 :thumb:

Good looking stuff good find Nags!

I bought a new set of canfield crampons last week and already 2 rides throught the rockgardens they look almost as bad as my old ones. So Ill stick to the hopefully lower priced last years stuff the way Im hamering stuff so far this season. Fricking riding like a bulldozer, too much time off with injury...

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
those new codes look like quite a promise... Lighter codes with same braking power = gold. I would hope sram would release some sort of dedicated DH line, ala saint from shimano

Last edited:

amnonis

Chimp
Feb 20, 2009

Attachments

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
For the same reason that the santa cruz single pivots have been dominating the forums-we ride dh, but that doesn't mean that's all we like. Most of don't exlusively ride dh, and like it or not, we are stuck with alot of these xc components.
it was sarcasm guy. because people get their panties in a bunch for posting non specific DH stuff here and 10speed related stuff.

Sram always shows ne stuff at Sea Otter......
but didnt they just show their 2010 stuff a few months ago?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Weird findings. I really liked the first generation codes that came on my 07 Sunday. I'm using Hayes Stroker Trail's on my DH bike now and power is similar and the Trails have a little more bite.

The Codes I had seemed to allow me to have more feel at the lever and ride them a little more forgivingly. If I wanted them to lock up, they would with a very instinctive feel. The Trails stop on a dime, which I don't mind, but wouldn't mind having a little more feel in them.

I used a pair of top of the line Elixirs once on a demo ride and hated them. Couldn't touch them without a near OTB experience, but felt another set a week later that were great.

Who really knows anymore. But I do like graphs.:thumb:

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
I find 9 speed to be perfect. Wider range gearing than 8s had with a strong chain and cassette. 10s is good for XC racing perhaps.

Those cranks don't look to be able to even mount a bashring! More XC only stuff.

That Vivid air has the air can oriented so that the shock should work well, like a coil, but won't be easy to service like a Fox style setup.

4130biker

May 24, 2007
it was sarcasm guy. because people get their panties in a bunch for posting non specific DH stuff here and 10speed related stuff.
Thought you were serious. Tough to tell with you.
I would have to agree with you that people should lighten up about the content in these forums. :disgust1: