Quantcast

I thought I had to fart.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Then 8 hours later, I decided it was something worse. I went to the doc with some stomach pain and next thing I know, I'm having an emergency appendectomy at 1:00am. I was also running a 102.5 fever, so they kept me 2 days until the fever broke this morning. What a way to spend the weekend.

Man, hospital food SUCKS.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Dude, I feel for ya. I thought I just had to drop a big load, and about an hour later I was in the hospital. They were thinking possible appendix, but it turned out to be a freaking huge kidney stone. They kept me for 3 days, and yeah, hospital food does suck!

Glad you are home, I know those few days feel like a freakin eternity!

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Dude, I feel for ya. I thought I just had to drop a big load, and about an hour later I was in the hospital. They were thinking possible appendix, but it turned out to be a freaking huge kidney stone. They kept me for 3 days, and yeah, hospital food does suck!

Glad you are home, I know those few days feel like a freakin eternity!
They thought it might be a kidney stone at first, but that wouldn't cause the fever.

As long as I stay on the meds, I'm doing ok. Now I have a nice 4" harpoon scar in my blubber. It's awesome.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Now I have a nice 4" harpoon scar in my blubber. It's awesome.
Great visual image JD. Thanks for that. Your lucky they caught it when they did. Ruptured appendix is icky. Good luck healing up, and don't pick at it, it'll scar!

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
I had something similar happen to me last week. I was driving down the street and felt one coming on. I pushed it out, but it had cargo. I had to throw my underwear away at a McDonalds.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I had something similar happen to me last week. I was driving down the street and felt one coming on. I pushed it out, but it had cargo. I had to throw my underwear away at a McDonalds.
And we're back. Thanks for tuning in. Now, let's look at hampsters exiting an elk.

remdog

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Durango
**** im gonna be scared next time i gotta fart. hahahaha.
but seriously that blows man, go bike to celebrate no mor hospital food

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
how big of a freakin' kidney stone do you have to have such that it feels like you've got to take a dump? mine felt like someone was stabbing me in the back with an ice pick.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
Then 8 hours later, I decided it was something worse. I went to the doc with some stomach pain and next thing I know, I'm having an emergency appendectomy at 1:00am. I was also running a 102.5 fever, so they kept me 2 days until the fever broke this morning. What a way to spend the weekend.

Man, hospital food SUCKS.
That sucks. I thought you were going to say you sharted....

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
how was the bacon at the hospital? :D
I ordered sausage with my eggs this morning and it was the single worst breakfast I have ever eaten. Keep in mind I spent a month in New Orleans after Katrina, so I have had some awful breakfasts before.

Doc said I should have gotten the bacon instead.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
aw $h1t...now every time I feel gas pains I am now going to think I either have appendicitis or kidney stones...thanx guys.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I just farted, people are taking the long way around my cubicle now.
Does it smell like your appendix exploded? You might want to see a doctor.

Scary stuff, jimmydean, glad you're okay. Without you here, it'd be a contest between bacon and :spam: as the official Ridemonkey Meat.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Laparascopes haven't made it stateside yet?
When I talked to the doc about it, he said it depends on how bad it is. Because mine was still together, I guess he decided to gut me instead of zap me. He said the recovery time is about the same either way.

The staples look kinda cool.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I don't enderstand the logic on hospital food. If you're there to heal up and revocer why are they feeding you crap? I hadn't been to a hospital in over 15 years before I broke myself...and I was suprised at how bad the food was and how the dieticians saw nothing wrong with it...D