Quantcast

I told you so...

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
That's some awesome news, and I couldn't be happier for my former co-workers. With Tutton and Wills calling the shots, it's in great hands.

Congrats, guys!

--JP

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
no hate here...happy to see them remain in north america and continue to produce good products. can't wait to hear about this carbon fiber mumbo jumbo, even though it will crack if you look at it, ride it in the sun, or install plastic pedals into it.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So wait... dude works for Easton, which sells stems and bars, then buys RaceFace, which sells stems and bars. Que what?

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Do you think that Carbon DH crankset will see the light of day now?
Depends on whether they hire back Jon Staples, RF's former carbon engineer. He was receiving a ton of interest from other companies, but family commitments and immigration issues were making things difficult for him to up and move.

Speedgoat9

Monkey
Aug 27, 2009
State College, PA
Depends on whether they hire back Jon Staples, RF's former carbon engineer. He was receiving a ton of interest from other companies, but family commitments and immigration issues were making things difficult for him to up and move.
In Tippie's quote he mentioned 83mm carbon cranks....fingers crossed :)

Last edited:

Jorgen

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Oslo, Norway
Does this mean Easton "purchase" Raceface, or what?
Will we see Raceface branded cranks, for easton? Kinda like we see over at SRAM, with Avid, Truvativ and RockShox?

Raceface will be the heavyduty stuff, and Easton more in the superlightweight stuff?

Or will the companies be completely seperate as before? How deep is this dual-position of Tutton?

samnation

Monkey
Jan 25, 2009
Somewhere in KANURDUR
Does this mean Easton "purchase" Raceface, or what?
Will we see Raceface branded cranks, for easton? Kinda like we see over at SRAM, with Avid, Truvativ and RockShox?

Raceface will be the heavyduty stuff, and Easton more in the superlightweight stuff?

Or will the companies be completely seperate as before? How deep is this dual-position of Tutton?
Haven and atlas feel very similar. As far as them being the same I have no idea.