Quantcast

I want a bike. Sell me yours.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
My current roadie is not really mine, and on it's deathbed. I need a new (to me) one. I have $500. Not much. Used road bike prices seem to be heavily inflated (IE, near retail), but I can't understand why. Anyways, I want it to have 105 or better DT with a double crankset, and a size between 55-58 CM. Anyone have anything/suggestions?

Carbon forks are a plus :thumb:

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
blue said:
My current roadie is not really mine, and on it's deathbed. I need a new (to me) one. I have $500. Not much. Used road bike prices seem to be heavily inflated (IE, near retail), but I can't understand why. Anyways, I want it to have 105 or better DT with a double crankset, and a size between 55-58 CM. Anyone have anything/suggestions?

SPAM!!!!

I've got an 01' Jamis Comet size 57cm.
-Full ultergra
-Mavic open pro/ultegra rear wheel....really old version of the same in the front
-Profile Carbon fork
-Weighs 21 lbs (aero frame)
It's in pretty good shape too! only a few scratches. PM me if you want some pic's

FYI I'd need it for a couple more weeks until my new ride comes...So it would be at least until then before I'd be willing to part with it

But 500 bucks including shipping to the lower 58.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
axlvid23 said:
SPAM!!!!

I've got an 01' Jamis Comet size 57cm.
-Full ultergra
-Mavic open pro/ultegra rear wheel....really old version of the same in the front
-Profile Carbon fork
-Weighs 21 lbs (aero frame)
It's in pretty good shape too! only a few scratches. PM me if you want some pic's

FYI I'd need it for a couple more weeks until my new ride comes...So it would be at least until then before I'd be willing to part with it

But 500 bucks including shipping to the lower 58.
Dude....you just scored! Nice sounding deal.

Killer deal, got anything in a 54? haha

The Ito

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
blue said:

Here's a non-inflated spam shot at ya (altho this is no where near your asking price).
I've got a De Rosa Merak w/ full DA and CF fork, cranks, seatpost, and bars in a 58cm (57.5cm tt) for $1,600.00 :D It's a 2001, but has a rider weight limit of 180#s. It sits at 17#s w/ some Ksyriums, and 17.5 w/ DA/Campy(rims) DT laced wheel. You'd be getting the laced wheel. This is the more beat up of my two DRs; it's survived a car accident (in the car when I flew off the road at 50mph) and has some cosmetic damage. Milage is around 2ks (traded a Karpiel Disco for it w/ someone who does Tri).

Oh, new, this thing is (was) like $5k.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Pau11y said:
Here's a non-inflated spam shot at ya (altho this is no where near your asking price).
I've got a De Rosa Merak w/ full DA and CF fork, cranks, seatpost, and bars in a 58cm (57.5cm tt) for $1,600.00 :D It's a 2001, but has a rider weight limit of 180#s. It sits at 17#s w/ some Ksyriums, and 17.5 w/ DA/Campy(rims) DT laced wheel. You'd be getting the laced wheel. This is the more beat up of my two DRs; it's survived a car accident (in the car when I flew off the road at 50mph) and has some cosmetic damage. Milage is around 2ks (traded a Karpiel Disco for it w/ someone who does Tri).

Oh, new, this thing is (was) like $5k.
Waaayyy too much for a brokeass teenager like myself ;)

I think I'm going to buy the Jamis :D