Quantcast

ice cream

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Cash-Money said:
my first bowl of ice cream in months... double rainbow brand coffee ice cream from trader joe's. with trader joe's chocolate syrup. mmmmmm
What's wrong with you?!?!?!?!? :p First bowl in months :nope:

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Frozen custard is really good too, especially if you can find a shop that does Wisconsin style frozen custard. There's one down the street from me called the Del Ray Dreamery that owns.

And then there's Cold Stone. :drool: If only they'd stop that damn singing whenever someone drops coin in their tip jar. :dead: :mumble:

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
Blue Bell. I dunno if you can get it outside of TX.

I'm not much into anything vanilla, but their Natural Vanilla Bean is awesome.

Ben & Jerry's makes some good stuff too. Try the Cherry Garcia w/your favorite red wine.

For you tokers: try a dish of good vanilla ice cream while baked. Ethereal.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i can only eat ice cream a quarter of a cup at a time. the last i had was ben and jerry's cherry garcia. that was about 6 months ago. my all time fav is ben and jerry's coffee coffee buzz buzz buzz. sadly it is a discontinued flavor.

VTApe

Monkey
Feb 5, 2005
Vermont
laura i believe they still make that coffee flavor because they say on the carton they discontinued it but startted it up again from poular demand.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
DamienC said:
Frozen custard is really good too, especially if you can find a shop that does Wisconsin style frozen custard. There's one down the street from me called the Del Ray Dreamery that owns.

And then there's Cold Stone. :drool: If only they'd stop that damn singing whenever someone drops coin in their tip jar. :dead: :mumble:
I think Cold stone ice cream tastes kinda bland.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
sugarbushrider1 said:
laura i believe they still make that coffee flavor because they say on the carton they discontinued it but startted it up again from poular demand.

WHATTTTTTT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! i'll have to be on the look out. thanks for the heads up. i usually avoid the ice cream isle all together.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
laura said:
WHATTTTTTT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! i'll have to be on the look out. thanks for the heads up. i usually avoid the ice cream isle all together.
It's not listed as one of their pint flavors, but it does show up on the scoop shop menu. You may have to go there and get them to pack you a pint.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Dryers Dreamery - Peach or Strawberry....mmmmmmm

But like Laura - 1/4 cup at a time, if that...just a few slow spoonfuls and I'm set for a good while.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Jr_Bullit said:
Dryers Dreamery - Peach or Strawberry....mmmmmmm

But like Laura - 1/4 cup at a time, if that...just a few slow spoonfuls and I'm set for a good while.
Ice cream should not be a fruit flavor :nope: ...what's the point? I want something bad like vanilla with brownie, and peanut butter cups in it....and maybe some caramel....and maybe some Girl Scout cookies crushed on top.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Snacks said:
Ice cream should not be a fruit flavor :nope: ...what's the point? I want something bad like vanilla with brownie, and peanut butter cups in it....and maybe some caramel....and maybe some Girl Scout cookies crushed on top.
Well it's not like good ice cream skimps on the cream or sugar...but otay...

If I have to be naughty - I pick: White chocolate raspberry truffle...

I think that's a dreamery flavor...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
laura said:
i usually avoid the ice cream isle all together.
only an island? ice cream should have its own continent.

my fave ice cream brand (not including little mom-n-pop shops, like Christina's in Cambridge) is haagen dazs. the mocha almond chip and chocolate rule.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ice cream has never really done it for me. I like to consume my milk fat in the form of cheese, preferably in the melted state.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Westy said:
Ice cream has never really done it for me. I like to consume my milk fat in the form of cheese, preferably in the melted state.
I dunno - I'm just as much of a menace in the cheese isle.......

Parmesano Reggiano, Pecorino, Feta, Gruyere, Gorgonzola, Mozzarella di Buffalo....... I could go on and on.. :drool:

-S.S.-

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
SkaredShtles said:
I dunno - I'm just as much of a menace in the cheese isle.......

Parmesano Reggiano, Pecorino, Feta, Gruyere, Gorgonzola, Mozzarella di Buffalo....... I could go on and on.. :drool:

-S.S.-
Ugh....rich cheese gives me a tummy ache :mumble:

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
DamienC said:
Haha, I love dropping a few coins in and making them all sing. Plus the fact that I know most of the people there and get free icecream...well icecream and entertainment, doesn't get much better.

However you all are missing out if you don't make your own icecream. We bought a machine and I've been making crazing flavors for the past year and a half. Made an awesome lemon mint sorbet last night(lemons and mint from our family's garden). Homemade cookie dough cinnamon is :drool:

The Ito

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
narlus said:
only an island? ice cream should have its own continent.

my fave ice cream brand (not including little mom-n-pop shops, like Christina's in Cambridge) is haagen dazs. the mocha almond chip and chocolate rule.
Yeah I'm in the Haagen Dasz fan club as well. The have a flavour called "Rich Milk" that gives me a wood goblin. Their "Belgian Chocolate" is also very stirring in the trouser area. :thumb:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
LOL...wood goblin.

are those flavo(u)rs only in japan? never heard of them. ireland had "banoffi" which was big there (kinda banana/toffee thing), but i've not seen it here.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
narlus said:
LOL...wood goblin.

are those flavo(u)rs only in japan? never heard of them. ireland had "banoffi" which was big there (kinda banana/toffee thing), but i've not seen it here.
Dunno mate, I've never had Haagen Dasz anywhere else. They do have green tea flavour which I'm guessing is Japan only. It's pretty good actually.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
ito said:
However you all are missing out if you don't make your own icecream. We bought a machine and I've been making crazing flavors for the past year and a half. Made an awesome lemon mint sorbet last night(lemons and mint from our family's garden). Homemade cookie dough cinnamon is :drool:

The Ito
:stupid:

I just made some berry frozen yogurt tonight...it's good.