Quantcast

Idyllwild - Hurkey Creek Ride Video

Yeti_Rider

Chimp
Mar 19, 2002
San Diego, CA
My teammates and I all went to Idyllwild last weekend to pre-ride the race course for next month's 24 hour race. We planned on doing two laps of the course but it was HOT! We started on the second lap by completing the first and longest climb of the course but I was feeling the effects and it was suggested that we just head back out of the heat. AT the car, the temperature sensor registered 109!

Anyway, I lugged the video gear along for the ride (probably didn't help with the heat but no expense is too high for the entertainment of all of you!) and compiled this little gem. I planned on having more off the bike footage by acquiring it on the second lap so i was a little limited in footage but what I got from the first lap was still sufficient to capture the ride.

go to my website

or click here to stream

Michael "not as hardcore as all you soloists, but the team thing is still hard enough" P

monkeywrench

Chimp
Apr 25, 2002
San Diego
Man, that brings back memories from last year's race. I'm the same guy that posted on Soul Cycles forum as MikeGarritson.

The video kicks a$$. Did you use some sort of helmet mount or a lipstick cam attached to a camcorder?

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Originally posted by Yeti_Rider
My teammates and I all went to Idyllwild last weekend to pre-ride the race course for next month's 24 hour race. We planned on doing two laps of the course but it was HOT! We started on the second lap by completing the first and longest climb of the course but I was feeling the effects and it was suggested that we just head back out of the heat. AT the car, the temperature sensor registered 109!

Anyway, I lugged the video gear along for the ride (probably didn't help with the heat but no expense is too high for the entertainment of all of you!) and compiled this little gem. I planned on having more off the bike footage by acquiring it on the second lap so i was a little limited in footage but what I got from the first lap was still sufficient to capture the ride.

go to my website

or click here to stream

Michael "not as hardcore as all you soloists, but the team thing is still hard enough" P
Cool!!

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Great vid! I rode Hurkey Creek once, 2 years ago. It was HOT in the desert so I went to Idlywild for the 1st time, hearing it was cooler and wetter up there. It sure was...there was still snow on the ground!