Quantcast

If you could be anywhere....

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Doing anything...what would it be and why?

I'm so sick of making phone calls and more phone calls and more phone calls, and struggling through new product releases, and making sure the old 70 year old secretary knows how to use all the new tools and working crazy hours...that I decided I wanted some entertaining form of daydreaming.

So what're you daydreaming about right now...etc etc?

Today it's a combo of things for me:
This weekend's shore ride (yay!)
Tonight's ride
working on my roadbike which is unfortunately in bad shape due to a rough commute home on Friday last week (I've been busy, no time to work on it)
What the sunshine and cool breeze feels like today
What the next backpacking trip will be
Wht the next climbing road trip will be and how to finagle enough days off work to make it happen. :)

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
anywhere other than home with a freshly broken wrist and dislocated hand.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
I'm not sure if my answer would be a destination, or more like a feeling.

I'd like to be some place were I could hear and smell the ocean.

I'd like to be just finishing up a soooper hard trail at Moab.

I'd like to be on a road trip feeling the sun on my body, going for a new adventure.

I'd like to be hangin' with my famliy in the back yard bbq'n.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Originally posted by Heidi
I want to be in Italy, mountain biking somewhere over by the Dolomites.
Oooh nice! Have you done that before?

for me...if I could be in one place right now, it would be on the beaches along the Pacific Coast with my backpack strapped on and the salty spray hitting my face.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Jr_Bullit
Oooh nice! Have you done that before?

No, last time we went to France and Germany, still need to go back for Italy though. I've seen tons of pics and the riding looks pretty sweet!

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Originally posted by Heidi
No, last time we went to France and Germany, still need to go back for Italy though. I've seen tons of pics and the riding looks pretty sweet!
Nice! I've never been to Europe, it's sort of on the list of "todos before I die" :) A bike trip that is ;). I'm hoping I'll get to ride in Japan someday too...

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
me on a catamarand (spelling) of the coast of the Dominican Republic headed to a small island where lunch and drinks were waiting for us.

And yes, I am double fisting rum and cokes......

would be nice to be there right now......

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by reflux
Interesting.
are they 18 yet?

still Lisa & Jill... I know they know what they're doing. Young women are... so... inexperienced.

Ok, I'll play Jr's game for real... I'd like to be in Florida -- my niece turns 6 today and my aunt had a emergency appendectomy surgery a few days ago. Sucks being 2000 miles from family sometimes :(

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
On some distant planet riding my SS bike in .25 of Earth's gravity.

Or somewhere being smothered in firm woman flesh.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Originally posted by LordOpie
are they 18 yet?

still Lisa & Jill... I know they know what they're doing. Young women are... so... inexperienced.

Ok, I'll play Jr's game for real... I'd like to be in Florida -- my niece turns 6 today and my aunt had a emergency appendectomy surgery a few days ago. Sucks being 2000 miles from family sometimes :(
MY&A: I don't know if they're 18. There was a website I visited some time ago that had a countdown to the day.

I hope your aunt is doing better, poor health is no fun, at least recovery means you're getting better.

If I could be anywhere, I'd be skydiving. I went a bunch of years ago with some and now that I have enough money to go solo, the sky's been calling.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
MY&A: I don't know if they're 18. There was a website I visited some time ago that had a countdown to the day.

I hope your aunt is doing better, poor health is no fun, at least recovery means you're getting better.

If I could be anywhere, I'd be skydiving. I went a bunch of years ago with some and now that I have enough money to go solo, the sky's been calling.
thanks man, you're a good guy, I hope you fall out of an airplane soon.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
June 13th fellas. June 13th

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
:D Venice beach cruising on a cruiser bike, with a hottie cruising next to me, headed to a patio resturant/bar for some good grub and a bottle of two of wine :D

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Originally posted by BurlySurly
Id be in the woods of Burketsville MD, looking for stupid goth kids to beat up.
A new family moved into my neighborhood. They have a "goth kid". It's kinda funny to see him in his all black safety pinned outfit with white and black makeup on and a full length trenchcoat in the brightly colored heavily flowered neighborhoods trying to make nice with the preppie neighborhood kids.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by Jr_Bullit
A new family moved into my neighborhood. They have a "goth kid". It's kinda funny to see him in his all black safety pinned outfit with white and black makeup on and a full length trenchcoat in the brightly colored heavily flowered neighborhoods trying to make nice with the preppie neighborhood kids.
Its just silly what vanity does to people.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by Silver
Doing this again:
But what about that poor english couple they roasted over open flames right in front of you?

Ill never go back to the amazon.:confused:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by llkoolkeg
Burkittsville is only 15 minutes from Frederick. You shoulda said something when you were out here! :D
I did actually, remember?

I was asking about the Blair Witch in the Shed and stuff? Maybe i was talking to that dude on the Morphine. Who were those guys anyway?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by BurlySurly
But what about that poor english couple they roasted over open flames right in front of you?

Ill never go back to the amazon.:confused:
Fiji, my man. They haven't roasted a missionary there for a few years. Cannibal forks are a big souvenir item though...

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by Silver
Fiji, my man. They haven't roasted a missionary there for a few years. Cannibal forks are a big souvenir item though...
Ive been there actually.