Quantcast

If your job was victim of outsourcing, or you've dealt with tech support in India...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stosh said:
Nice Sig!!

Fuggin ass*.... if it stopped raining for like 2 days.... I'd probably still not be on my bike.
Looks like the weather will clear up for you next week. Just get back on the bike. You'll be happy you did. :cool:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
Looks like the weather will clear up for you next week. Just get back on the bike. You'll be happy you did. :cool:
Well riding after work is out of the question now so the only time I can ride is the weekend. If it stays dry enough I'm gonna try to get out next weekend.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
stosh said:
Well riding after work is out of the question now so the only time I can ride is the weekend. If it stays dry enough I'm gonna try to get out next weekend.
Buy some lights...

I could sell you mine, night riding is illegal in NJ parks, not in NY though.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Funny, I had this experience with Earthstink.

Finally I said to the call center manager in the Phillipines that I can drive to the freakin head quarters and get a better answer than wasting a day on the phone.

J

JRB

I laughed pretty phuckin hard.

"God damn foreign assholes."

It's best when he flips the phone off.

lukeduke

Chimp
Apr 4, 2003
human resources, got sent to their payroll/HR service center, in yes, you guessed it, BOMBAY. Yes, Bombay India. I said a few choice words to the jackass (that could barely speak english) asked for someone who speaks english, and he said: "sorry, everyone here speaks like me?" what a waste of my time.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
syadasti said:
Great stuff here - buy some for your office:

http://www.despair.com/indem.html
I had their calendar hung up in my office for 2 years in a row, then the VP stopped by to talk to me aone day...

syadasti said:
Buy some lights...

I could sell you mine, night riding is illegal in NJ parks, not in NY though.
What?!?!?! Since when? That sucks... I used to love riding at night when I lived there.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
My company has an "India-association" where we outsource some engineering stuff. The biggest issue has been time. In India, they are used to spending months on a project that we normally have to get done in a couple of weeks - so in the $$ cost is roughly the same. But the big wigs see the cheap labor and see huge savings. But so far, no India outsourced project has come in on time or on budget as we usually have to spend many hours in a mad-rush to fix errors a week before the issue date.

But regardless, the writing is on the wall... eventually they'll get it... I'm seriously considering learning some Hindu as a form a job security - to serve as inter-office liason (although the idea repulses me...).

Many times when you call a CS number and think you're talking to an American, you're actually talking to India. In reality, many of them have the language down, despite the comical cartoon.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Damn I was that dude in the cartoon last week. Business in the U.S. is soooooooo F'ed up these days. We bomb people then give them the job that some poor G.I. lost because he went to war. Then he comes home to find he has no job and the bank has taken his house. I love my country, but I fear my government.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
dhtahoe said:
Damn I was that dude in the cartoon last week. Business in the U.S. is soooooooo F'ed up these days. We bomb people then give them the job that some poor G.I. lost because he went to war. Then he comes home to find he has no job and the bank has taken his house. I love my country, but I fear my government.
Oh I like this saying...

I love my country, but I fear my government

It pisses me off because they won't employ their fellow country men and women...fu ckers.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
dhtahoe said:
We bomb people then give them the job that some poor G.I. lost because he went to war. Then he comes home to find he has no job and the bank has taken his house. I love my country, but I fear my government.
I didn't realize we were at war with India. When did this happen?

J

JRB

I've been on hold for 45 minutes for ACT contact management support. I just want to know how to unlock a goddamm database and help doesn't tell me. Well it does, but that doesn't work. Can't tell if they are in India since they won't come to the phucking phone. ASS RABBITS!!!!!!!!!!!