Quantcast

I'll be meeting you HERE

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Shyrmp
Ooooh that looks like fun, I might have some skills by November!
I'm not sure if it will really be fun, but it is definitely worth me trying. I've heard that it is very hard, the temperature vaires drastically depending on the altitude you are at, and you have to wait for everyone to finish before you can all board the bus and get back to the hotel at the end of each day.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Originally posted by Heidi
Yes, but now you are wearing diapers! I guess I could bring a tow rope for you.
Ahahahaha!!! LOL! Now I just need to get Indieboy down there so I can school all the infidels at once!

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Ridemonkey
Ahahahaha!!! LOL! Now I just need to get Indieboy down there so I can school all the infidels at once!
Hey RM, the dream store just called, you've got all the best dreams and they'd like to borrow them. :rolleyes:

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Squeak
I would love to be good enough to try this race. It would be awsome to finish it. :D
We're joking around here, but seriously, that is the best goal to ahve....to finish. Talk about an awesome personal accomplishment! You should start training for it Squeak.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
I'm not sure if it will really be fun, but it is definitely worth me trying. I've heard that it is very hard, the temperature vaires drastically depending on the altitude you are at, and you have to wait for everyone to finish before you can all board the bus and get back to the hotel at the end of each day.
I might just have to hold off then...I wouldn't want you guys waiting a week for me to finish before you could go home.

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
We're joking around here, but seriously, that is the best goal to ahve....to finish. Talk about an awesome personal accomplishment! You should start training for it Squeak.
I would have to train for a year.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Originally posted by Shyrmp
I might just have to hold off then...I wouldn't want you guys waiting a week for me to finish before you could go home.
If you think you can do the 80-100 miles a day then you should go for it! Plenty of time to train between now and then!

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
Come on, 16 girls did it last year and finished!
I can't do it this year for sure. WORK is in the way. We are moving offices.

We will see about the next year. :) I need training partna's, so RM has to come back.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Squeak
I can't do it this year for sure. WORK is in the way. We are moving offices.

We will see about the next year. :) I need training partna's, so RM has to come back.
Get KB or Motionboy2 to train with you. "We will see about next year." :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Pffffft.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Come on, 16 girls did it last year and finished!
I never bought into that argument or stereotype. I know a few adventure racing ladies who finish well back of the pack but can kick the crap out just about every average Joe you can think off. This race sounds very challenging to me. If I were younger and had more skill... nothing sounding too gruesome except for 30 miles of very techical and steep DH... how much upper body work is needed to prepare for that?

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Serial Midget
how much upper body work is needed to prepare for that?
That's a tough question, how would I quantify how much upper body work is needed?

Your core muscles are probably more important. i won't lie, endurance races take a lot of back and ab strength.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I have a fair amount of ab and lower back strenght as a result of running... if I ride 10 to 15 steady miles of not too technical but steep DH my shoulders, wrists and forearms are wacked. I don't have the ability to flow downhill - I'm all tense and grippy. I think my control issues force me expend too much energy keeping the bike on track. One day though...

That's a tough question, how would I quantify how much upper body work is needed?

Your core muscles are probably more important. i won't lie, endurance races take a lot of back and ab strength.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Serial Midget
I have a fair amount of ab and lower back strenght as a result of running... if I ride 10 to 15 steady miles of not too technical but steep DH my shoulders, wrists and forearms are wacked. I don't have the ability to flow downhill - I'm all tense and grippy. I think my control issues force me expend too much energy keeping the bike on track. One day though...
Well that's nothing a little weight lifting program couldn't solve I'd imagine. This was the first year I did arm or back workouts at all really. I would find that on long road climbing days my triceps would be sore, not anymore!

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Cool maybe i could be the youngest ever to finish:D Come on it can't be that bad it's in Costa Rica:D

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Originally posted by Ridemonkey
So we'll be seeing you down there too eh? And the toninator?
Don't really have the bike for it I don't think. My XC, XC bike would have to be revamped as I now commute on it. Are you planning on taking the Nicolai? If so, I'd ride the Titus I guess. I just don't see the need for suspension is all. I'd have to start training my ass off NOW. maybe.