Quantcast

im back!

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
so i got clearance from my doc to ride last week. so i have been out riding DH 4 times so far. im starting to get back in the hang of things. its definately tough to come back from an injury like that and try to ride like you used to. i am so slow!

today was my first day back at work and they actually transferred me to a new store. so it was like the first day on the job all over again. i am definatly super sore after 8 hours on my feet but i am so stoked to be back to normal life again. i cant wait to be 100%!:D

greengreer

Monkey
Apr 27, 2008
NC
That has got to be a good feeling!
I am in my third week of many being laid up with a broken leg and I am going stir-crazy.
I can't wait to get back to work, but sitting and looking at my bikes in this beautiful weather is killing me!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Congrats man. It was nice for me coming back to riding after almost 6 months due to shoulder surgery and getting hit by 2 cars on my road bike.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
That has got to be a good feeling!
I am in my third week of many being laid up with a broken leg and I am going stir-crazy.
I can't wait to get back to work, but sitting and looking at my bikes in this beautiful weather is killing me!
yeah im recovering from a snapped femur. all i can say is follow your docs advice and lots and lots of PT. i went 3 times a week for 3 months. my doc said he hasnt seen a femur heal as quickly as mine had before. all in all i came out of it well. i got a 5 month vacation, have a bionic leg, and somehow im more flexible now:think:

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
Any pain where the screws connect the rod to the femur after riding?
not really. i knee gets waaay stiff/ weak afterwords though. of course its the same way at work too. i think that will go away with time. although i did knock my knee on the coffee table right where the screws are the other day. i could feel it all through my bone. it was nuts:eek:

Al C. Oholic

Monkey
Feb 11, 2010
FoCo
congrats dude, i can't wait to get back on my DH rig. I did my ACL in December, was doin lots of PT and it was recovering nicely until my health insurance coverage ended (military insurance, i got switched units, big complicated mess).
I'll be back out there in a couple months, it's surviving till then that's the challenge.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
I did my femur and crushed my knee/tore my PCL all at once.
I ended up having all my hardware pulled cause they hurt so much. Nothing like watching a doc pull screws out of your knee with a regular ol' torx driver.

My 2c, get a trainer. Nothing makes sore knees feel better than 20min of turning light circles. I'll have really rough days in the middle of winter and 20 min later, I feel great.