Quantcast
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Thats right, she won't get anything out of you. But your parents, who's insurance you were on, and whom I assume you were living with at the time, are on the hook big time, maybe for everything they have. Is this woman just suing you to make a buck? Maybe, but that still does not absolve you, and more importantly your folks, of the responsibility you took on when you got behind the wheel.
Notice how my parent's involvement is my major concern.....

You don't know if your insurance will cover this. You don't understand that her insurance company can make a claim against yours to cover bills they had to pay when she made a claim. And you don't get the fact the adrenaline from a car accident can make a person seem fine even if they have a serious injury.

Calm the F down and use this energy in a productive way.

Start by getting off RM and calling your insurance company.

And then maybe think how you'd feel if some dumb-ass rubbernecking bitch t-boned you and put you through all the hassle that you are putting her through. Or maybe how you'd feel if your mom or someone else you care about had it happen to them.

In any case, stop jumping to conclusions until you know what's going on.
Already talked to the adjuster, looks like she's trying to cause problems. This online class I'm taking has me on the computer wayyyyy too much, so I end up on here

Happened to me 9 months after I did it to her actually. It was a pain, The insurance company jerked me around for like 5 months because she wouldn't sign the paper saying it was her fault. Nothing I needed to go to court over though

Last edited:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I think you have to play the game, no matter how long it takes.

I don't envy your position.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Just got the full story from the insurance company. She ALREADY got her money for loss of use and the car. She's trying to get a bunch of money for loss of work. She had a lawyer for the first year and a half, then got a new one, and he filed before the deadline as a "just in case" sort of thing. The type of "injury" she sustained doesn't come close to what my insurance covered at the time. This whole thing is still in the hands of the insurance company still and they will be taking care of it. No serious injuries, just her trying to milk cash.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Sounds to me like she asked for an amount, your insurance company declined.... so she is doing what is legal for her to do and go aftger you for the rest.... Exactly how the legal system works.

I am going ot offer you some advice... First of Ease up. You have posted alot of threads/info about yourself and given a distinct impression of who you are, and how you act. Dont get pissed when someone calls you out on your shown behavior, its going to happen. Next, Its not the smartest to argue with someone who's daily job is to assess injuries at the scene of an accident that the person is fine, when they very well may not be... What I know is that Eric does this day in and Day out, and you do not. I will tell you this part right here and this is coming from someone who has sustained serious injuries, Pain and injuries do not always set in right away. Alot of times when there is a major accident such as this your body gets a huge dose os adrenaline, this overcomes pain and you just dont know that your injured so you get up, get out and walk around like everything is ok.... Exactly what I did when I broke my friggin knee, it was almost 30 minutes before I had realizes I actually hurt my knee at all.

Noone here is trying to teach you a lesson, your own actions here have shown your not willing to learn so it wouldn't help. Thats how you display yourself, you want to change that, you need to take a real close look at yourself and go from there.

Good luck on the lawsuit, tell your parents to go and homestead their home now before it can be taken from them. Filing for BK wont help you much you will still end up with a lean on whatever property you end up with and you will end up paying eventually. Honest opinion you need to delete this thread, You have a flat out admittance of full guilt and to why in here, if this info here comes up in court it wont go well for you or your parents.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Sounds to me like she asked for an amount, your insurance company declined.... so she is doing what is legal for her to do and go aftger you for the rest.... Exactly how the legal system works.

I am going ot offer you some advice... First of Ease up. You have posted alot of threads/info about yourself and given a distinct impression of who you are, and how you act. Dont get pissed when someone calls you out on your shown behavior, its going to happen. Next, Its not the smartest to argue with someone who's daily job is to assess injuries at the scene of an accident that the person is fine, when they very well may not be... What I know is that Eric does this day in and Day out, and you do not. I will tell you this part right here and this is coming from someone who has sustained serious injuries, Pain and injuries do not always set in right away. Alot of times when there is a major accident such as this your body gets a huge dose os adrenaline, this overcomes pain and you just dont know that your injured so you get up, get out and walk around like everything is ok.... Exactly what I did when I broke my friggin knee, it was almost 30 minutes before I had realizes I actually hurt my knee at all.

Noone here is trying to teach you a lesson, your own actions here have shown your not willing to learn so it wouldn't help. Thats how you display yourself, you want to change that, you need to take a real close look at yourself and go from there.

Good luck on the lawsuit, tell your parents to go and homestead their home now before it can be taken from them. Filing for BK wont help you much you will still end up with a lean on whatever property you end up with and you will end up paying eventually. Honest opinion you need to delete this thread, You have a flat out admittance of full guilt and to why in here, if this info here comes up in court it wont go well for you or your parents.
I guess you didn't read my last post. but that's ok. I talked with the insurance company today. She is eligible for amount X because of her injury, wants more and wont settle. She got the money for her car already and all that. Even if she does win for what she is suing for I'm still covered amount Y, I'm still covered under my insurance policy. She is filed this because she fired her lawyer, got a new one, and it dragged to the point of reaching the statute of limitations. She already has her money for the car and loss of use, it's just standard to practice check all the boxes and sue everyone on the policy.

I understand what he does for a living, and despite what you guys assume I've never stepped into a car with even the slightest bit of booze in my system. And if he wants to go tell me I deserve it for doing something I didn't do then yes, he can piss off.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
I guess you didn't read my last post. but that's ok. I talked with the insurance company today. She is eligible for amount X because of her injury, wants more and wont settle. She got the money for her car already and all that. Even if she does win for what she is suing for I'm still covered amount Y, I'm still covered under my insurance policy. She is filed this because she fired her lawyer, got a new one, and it dragged to the point of reaching the statute of limitations. She already has her money for the car and loss of use, it's just standard to practice check all the boxes and sue everyone on the policy.

I understand what he does for a living, and despite what you guys assume I've never stepped into a car with even the slightest bit of booze in my system. And if he wants to go tell me I deserve it for doing something I didn't do then yes, he can piss off.
why do you still post on this site? are you some kind of a masochist?

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
... Honest opinion you need to delete this thread, You have a flat out admittance of full guilt and to why in here, if this info here comes up in court it wont go well for you or your parents.
why do you still post on this site? are you some kind of a masochist?
mooshoo, don't listen to them!!!! please keep on posting and please don't delete this thread. please!
and keep us updated on every aspect of your life - it's simply too entertaining to not read about it! keep up the good work!!!

:thumb:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005

Who ever said you were drinking when this happened?????

I read your last post, I didnt miss it. Let me be a bit more straight forward here. Your insurance company isnt the one being sued... You anr your parents are. You have been filed against. Your insurance company offered her money for what she is sueing you for, they did not offer her what she wanted...... Im sure they sent checks, but she hasnt cashed them. Even though your coverage is higher than what the insurance company offered her, doesnt mean they have to pay what she is asking........ You very well may still be screwed.

Just to toss some numbers..... lets say your insurance company decided her injuries are worth 65K, her lawyer says they are worth 90K, your insurance covers up to 90K, they decide to only give her the 65K.... now here is were ti gets tricky..... You lose in court..... she gets awarded the full 90K.... the insurance company can still only give the 65K and you have to cover the rest...... Just trust me on this one, My little sister has been going through this, and its looking to be exactly what will happen to her..... been dragging on now for four years..

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
In matters of insurance, always carry $100k individual liability on your policy MINIMUM. It's my job and it's not to scare people. It's to keep their hopes and dreams protected...for a couple bucks more a year.

When you watch one of your insureds nail another vehicle with a baby, young girl and their parents broadside...and KNOW she's got minimum limits, it's sickening. Both parties got lucky that injuries didn't exceed the limits on the at fault's policy. Most times, it would have easily.

The other aspect everyone should pay close attention to on your policy is uninsured/underinsured motorist. This covers you when idiots with little or no insurance put you in the hospital.

Last but not least...medical payments coverage. Won't bother to explain that one...it's lengthy. But you'll easily use it. And it's not a mandatory coverage. $2k minimum is what I recommend.

Moving on.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I still don't understand what the big deal is. I was "seud". (in vermont, not Canada). My insurance company took care of everything. All it cost me was a little time.

why would this be any different?

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
I still don't understand what the big deal is. I was "seud". (in vermont, not Canada). My insurance company took care of everything. All it cost me was a little time.

He's an even bigger drama queen than you? Damned if I know.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

As I understand it, you can be liable for more than your insurance covers. Anything above your limit, lets use the 100k limit bizutch refers too, is on you, the driver. So you hit someone and you have 100k coverage. After the long legal process your victim gets the full 100k from your insurance company(minus attorney fees and subrogation). This is all your insurance company is on the hook for, what ever your limits were. If the victim seeks more in damages it comes out of your pocket and/or estate, i.e. savings, home equity, etc. If your not properly insured this can ruin you. This varies from state to state, in CO a certain percentage of retirement savings are off limits, and I think you cannot put someone in a negative equity situation, but I may be mistaken on that last part. Long story short, your parents can wind up destitute because your dumb enough to rubberneck.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless

It's not it's looking like. It was more I got served some paperwork out of NOWHERE, at like 9PM, had no way of figuring out what was going on till the next day

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I was also served out of nowhere (by phone). The first thing I did was call my insurance company. They (a Canadian insurance co), hired a lawyer in Vermont. They sorted it out themselves. I just had to tell them (my version of) what happened.....about a dozen times.

The whole thing settled out of court. It was nothing.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
In matters of insurance, always carry $100k individual liability on your policy MINIMUM. It's my job and it's not to scare people. It's to keep their hopes and dreams protected...for a couple bucks more a year.

When you watch one of your insureds nail another vehicle with a baby, young girl and their parents broadside...and KNOW she's got minimum limits, it's sickening. Both parties got lucky that injuries didn't exceed the limits on the at fault's policy. Most times, it would have easily.

The other aspect everyone should pay close attention to on your policy is uninsured/underinsured motorist. This covers you when idiots with little or no insurance put you in the hospital.

Last but not least...medical payments coverage. Won't bother to explain that one...it's lengthy. But you'll easily use it. And it's not a mandatory coverage. $2k minimum is what I recommend.

Moving on.
What you described is pretty close to what I had when I had car insurance.
I learned all of that fun stuff after the first accident, where the girl who hit us had only minimum coverage - they had to divide $30K among 5 people for medical costs, fortunately I had my own health insurance and wasn't injured too bad.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Who ever said you were drinking when this happened?????

I read your last post, I didnt miss it. Let me be a bit more straight forward here. Your insurance company isnt the one being sued... You anr your parents are. You have been filed against. Your insurance company offered her money for what she is sueing you for, they did not offer her what she wanted...... Im sure they sent checks, but she hasnt cashed them. Even though your coverage is higher than what the insurance company offered her, doesnt mean they have to pay what she is asking........ You very well may still be screwed.

Just to toss some numbers..... lets say your insurance company decided her injuries are worth 65K, her lawyer says they are worth 90K, your insurance covers up to 90K, they decide to only give her the 65K.... now here is were ti gets tricky..... You lose in court..... she gets awarded the full 90K.... the insurance company can still only give the 65K and you have to cover the rest...... Just trust me on this one, My little sister has been going through this, and its looking to be exactly what will happen to her..... been dragging on now for four years..
I know no one said that, but you guys assume I'm a retard without knowing me, that's the point I'm making.

Really, your sister is in the EXACT same situation as me? Or did you not read my post again. She cashed the check for her new car, got her new car already, got her rental, CASHED THE CHECK. But you know otherwise, even though I talked to the adjuster
yesterday

ummm if you're covered to 90 grand, and the court says your liable for 90 grand I'm pretty sure the insurance company can't just be like "uhhh no, you we're covered for 90 grand, but were only going to pay for 65." Atleast that was the impression I got from the adjuster.

and again read my last post, they are just covering their ass, from what the legal departments at AAA said, it's standard practice when it drags out that long. For some one that gives me as much **** as you do for being a dickhead, your reading comprehension sucks.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
As I understand it, you can be liable for more than your insurance covers. Anything above your limit, lets use the 100k limit bizutch refers too, is on you, the driver. So you hit someone and you have 100k coverage. After the long legal process your victim gets the full 100k from your insurance company(minus attorney fees and subrogation). This is all your insurance company is on the hook for, what ever your limits were. If the victim seeks more in damages it comes out of your pocket and/or estate, i.e. savings, home equity, etc. If your not properly insured this can ruin you. This varies from state to state, in CO a certain percentage of retirement savings are off limits, and I think you cannot put someone in a negative equity situation, but I may be mistaken on that last part. Long story short, your parents can wind up destitute because your dumb enough to rubberneck.
Careful, you're treading on Mooshoo territory here.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Yes, because the person I was at 14 is EXACTLY the same as it is today.
Not exactly the same. Similar, but with bad tattoos and and a lawseut.
Im with Westy. You still have alot of learning to do.

Yes Little sister is in the same boat. Her insurance payed out on the vehicle she rear ended, paid for the rental for the person she hit, tried to pay for the medical.... the person she hit didnt accept the medical part, and is trying to get more.....

So yeah the situation is pretty damned close. I dont assume your a retard, I assume your immature, headstrong, and unwilling to take advice. All three quality's you have done nothing but prove over and over since I have been here on the site again and again and again.....

At this point it is just entertaining for me to see that you areno longer worried about this because your insurance's "legal" department says dont worry... People here have been through this before, and I will repeat what some have said....... TALK TO YOUR OWN LAWYER....... If this situation ends up costing more than the insurance company is willing to pay, your liable. I dont know how to get that further into your head.... You have been filed against, that means you may end up in civil court... Only HALF of the jury has to decide she gets her money......... If you lose, your insurance isnt out anything more than they are now... but you will be........ talk to your own lawyer.

Last edited:

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Im with Westy. You still have alot of learning to do.

Yes Little sister is in the same boat. Her insurance payed out on the vehicle she rear ended, paid for the rental for the person she hit, tried to pay for the medical.... the person she hit didnt accept the medical part, and is trying to get more.....

So yeah the situation is pretty damned close. I dont assume your a retard, I assume your immature, headstrong, and unwilling to take advice. All three quality's you have done nothing but prove over and over since I have been here on the site again and again and again.....

At this point it is just entertaining for me to see that you areno longer worried about this because your insurance's "legal" department says dont worry... People here have been through this before, and I will repeat what some have said....... TALK TO YOUR OWN LAWYER....... If this situation ends up costing more than the insurance company is willing to pay, your liable. I dont know how to get that further into your head.... You have been filed against, that means you may end up in civil court... Only HALF of the jury has to decide she gets her money......... If you lose, your insurance isnt out anything more than they are now... but you will be........ talk to your own lawyer.
See here is the thing, I do know how to take advice, just not from partially informed know it all's on a bike forum, you also don't know what I have or haven't done, instead called me a retard at 10PM, 2 hours after getting served for not having a lawyer. Don't you install car audio???? seriously what do you know about it?? I know exactly who I need to talk to and have taken said steps to get GOOD advice. Instead of "your parent's are about to loose their house." See, I am smart enough to ask for help, and to get it from people who KNOW, it's just not here.

Status
Not open for further replies.