Quantcast

I'm Home!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
damn, scary outcome for a seemingly innocuous event i'm sure we've all had (except for the (non)-strategically placed handlebar end).

great to hear you didn't need surgery and are at home. rest up douglas. seems like a good opportunity to catch up on reading or decimating yr netflix queue.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
welcome home doug.. let the healing begin.. and be patient.. no rushing back once you feel a little better

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
yawn, up from my nap

yup, totally freak.......I decided not to waste my time with the IF's (IF I was going faster I would have endoed instead of belly flopped, or IF I ....)

but for the bars, duct tape and

my volleyball friends just called....they're coming over to cheer me up :D (and drink my beer before it goes bad :rolleyes: )

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
douglas said:
I never realized how many awesome friends I have, I am so totally blown away..To everyone that helped me get out of the woods and to the hospital, or visited me, or called me, or sent me healing vibes, or posted in the monkey down thread, or did a Tequila shot in my honor, or hooked me up w/magazines / games / booze, or said a pray - YOU ALL ARE THE BEST! and thank you so much

I am home, still in pain (feels like I did a couple million situps yesterday) but its less pain, and I have a big bottle of Loratabs. Oh, and at least 5 days off from work.

The bad news, Doc says 3 months before I can bike again.

I'll write more later, its nap time now
Glad to hear you are ok. Did my trail ride today in your honor.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Some people get chain rings or cogs tattooed on their arms, but you had to go and upstage everyone and get something totally unusual: an internal and external handlebar print! ;) Way to be creative, Doug :thumb: ;)

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Good luck Doug, take it easy on the liver for a bit! I have a cookie cutter bar end scar behind my ear from my childhood BMX days.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
douglas said:
So no surgery, and its just going to be letting the body heal itself.
:thumb:

i'm glad to hear that you're back home, doug.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
TreeSaw said:
So, how are you feeling today Douglas? What kinds of restrictions do the Dr.s have you on?

Dr. just said no driving, no work, most active thing is walking.

The volleyball team came over lastnight (after their games), we ate some leftover pizza - I was almost pain free.

This morning just the opposite, very sharp pain in the Liver area and right shoulder ( I have had occasional shoulder pain since the crash)- I spent the last 2 hours on the couch gritting my teeth & swearing - it seems to have finally passed. But I'm all sweaty now.
I wish I knew what brings that on, or how to sit or lay to make it go away quicker.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
See Doug, If you were riding "hardcore" up front in the group, none of this would have happened! HA!

Seriously, I was out before you all that night in Grafton riding the Xterra course and it was slippery, even with my good old 42A supertackys on! Rocks had that nice sweaty green coating...

Glad you're home, dude!

TurnerGrl

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Metrowest MA
Wow Doug, that is seriously scary. So glad you didn't have to undergo surgery and that you're home again. I haven't had the luxury of meeting or riding with you yet...now I'm thankful that I'll still have the opportunity! Rest as much as you can, move around gently, and hope to hear that you are pain free soon. Will be sending out the healing vibes! :thumb:

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
douglas said:
Dr. just said no driving, no work, most active thing is walking.

The volleyball team came over lastnight (after their games), we ate some leftover pizza - I was almost pain free.

This morning just the opposite, very sharp pain in the Liver area and right shoulder ( I have had occasional shoulder pain since the crash)- I spent the last 2 hours on the couch gritting my teeth & swearing - it seems to have finally passed. But I'm all sweaty now.
I wish I knew what brings that on, or how to sit or lay to make it go away quicker.

Sucks..hope you heal fast. Were you on the trail that goes around the lake?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
My Doc visit went good.

Back to work wednesday, and in a week or so light exercice is ok (including lawn mowing :rolleyes:) ...AND moderate amounts of alcohol is also will be ok!

Still 2.5 to 3.5 months before biking or any contact type sports