Quantcast

Im so pissed off!

GV1

Chimp
Sep 4, 2009
I went out today to do some street stuff. Have not been out in a while due to work. I was all set and ready to just freestyle around my local town I even got some new protective gear this morning.

15 minutes into riding, I decide to jump up a bunch of steps. I can make them usually, but this time my back wheel slams of the top step.

... The tire banged. Also put a huge dent in my rim which I managed to pull out.

Should I get a new innertube? The innertube I got is high pressure. I fixed the puncture but it burst again. I think its due to the pressure or the poor puncture kit.

I look at my Cannondale and its full of scratches. The rims get new scratches from stones and what not every other day :( Ah well I guess the bike is ment to get like that if its going to be used for jumping and what not.

GV1

Chimp
Sep 4, 2009
He He,

Still, would it be worth patching up the innertube using a different repair kit or just buy another one? There are 2 gashes, around 2cm each. Im curious because of the amount of pressure I put into the tires.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Today I took a dump. When I went to wipe, I noticed that it was only one ply, I like two ply.

Should I take a few squares and double them up or should I just be smart and head out to get actual two ply?

GV1

Chimp
Sep 4, 2009
Sorry, I didn't understand there was a protocol for posting.

The reason why I listed how it popped was hopefully others would recommend stronger tubes, or advice related to how it happened.

I'm new to this sort of biking, I don't know what equiptment or parts exist for DJ's or 24's. It's all part of the learning process.

And so far I've learnt there are some idiots amongst the crowd.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
It's times like these I don't know whether to be helpful, or really really really unhelpful. You need to figure this stuff out for yourself, it is called trial and error. You acquire knowledge of bikes over the years, not from an internet forum.

Salty4X

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
The reason why I listed how it popped was hopefully others would recommend stronger tubes, or advice related to how it happened.
This is common sense man, I really hope you are just joking. Rocket Science :thumbsdown:

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
It's times like these I don't know whether to be helpful, or really really really unhelpful. You need to figure this stuff out for yourself, it is called trial and error. You acquire knowledge of bikes over the years, not from an internet forum.
TheTruth speaks the truth.....

I am in the same boat. I know everyone starts somewhere, but to ask if you should purchase a new tube with an elongated story about it? Really? Unless you are under 14 years of age, you should be ashamed of yourself. Go spend the $6 for a new tube and be done with it.

Rule of thumb I live by - replace tubes, never patch them.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
one bit of advice I can offer is to run more air pressure in your tires. The side of the tire says how much to run. I usually run 65 or so, despite what the tire says, if I'm riding on cement.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Don't take this too seriously. Think of it like going to a new HS and it is the first day. If you can take the ribbing you will enjoy it here. The ribbing will pass as long as you don't repeat over and over and expect different results.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
TheTruth speaks the truth.....

I am in the same boat. I know everyone starts somewhere, but to ask if you should purchase a new tube with an elongated story about it? Really? Unless you are under 14 years of age, you should be ashamed of yourself. Go spend the $6 for a new tube and be done with it.

Rule of thumb I live by - replace tubes, never patch them.
Holla!

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I've had 20 plus patches on one tube.
more patches = more beer money
:)

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Serious question here. I know this is not the dh forum here but... I raced this weekend dh, and have a slow leak, like takes half a day to empty. Think a patch is ok for this kind of instance?

I don't like buying $15 tubes btw, as I am sure no body does. Oh and to the kid above. You might want to look into getting a dh tube if you ride 26"...

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
Serious question here. I know this is not the dh forum here but... I raced this weekend dh, and have a slow leak, like takes half a day to empty. Think a patch is ok for this kind of instance?

I don't like buying $15 tubes btw, as I am sure no body does. Oh and to the kid above. You might want to look into getting a dh tube if you ride 26"...
You raced at platty? I be mad jealous. I raced xc instead though.

Salty4X

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
serious question here. I know this is not the dh forum here but... I raced this weekend dh, and have a slow leak, like takes half a day to empty. Think a patch is ok for this kind of instance?

I don't like buying $15 tubes btw, as i am sure no body does. Oh and to the kid above. You might want to look into getting a dh tube if you ride 26"...
wtf?!

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
so you title the thread "i'm so pissed off" and its about getting a ........ flat on your bike?
what a hell?

in the time it took you to type this you could have swapped the tube or patched it.

weird.