Quantcast

In need of a low travel streetish fork!!!

NotQuiteJdm

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Maryland
Asking the locals first just in case anyone has something I don't have to deal with shipping and waiting a few days..

Anything in good condition, low travel, QR preferred but it really doesn't matter and STRONG...The DJ series is what im probably looking to get but if you have anything else let me know asap!

The reason why I need something quick...
:mumble::nopity:

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Holy **** man, when did that happen. I just saw you two days ago with a complete bike. Thats crazy. Maybe I should replace the MZ comp on my P.1 asap when it comes in.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
NotQuiteJdm said:
Asking the locals first just in case anyone has something I don't have to deal with shipping and waiting a few days..
i may have something. it's an old marchocchi fork that came with my '01 P3. i can't remember what kind it is, but i believe it's got 100mm of travel. i'll take some pics and post them tomorrow.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
rpk1988 said:
Holy **** man, when did that happen. I just saw you two days ago with a complete bike. Thats crazy. Maybe I should replace the MZ comp on my P.1 asap when it comes in.
maybe ive just been lucky... or probably because im only 110 lbs, but i have kick the **** out of my mz, and it still works.... it works but its not good. less thatn a mounth til money and a new fork

NotQuiteJdm

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Maryland
I was just streetin it up around town and noticed something wasn't right, someone spotted out the crack and to home I went. These forks are pure ****, my friend who pointed it out to me broke his ex-r pro in the same spot like 2 months ago!

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Yea that sounds like it sucks. It would be nice if Specialized put at least a Stance Static on the P.1 A1, something that could take that abuse...without raising the price would be nice too.

bwagner

Chimp
Feb 14, 2004
Baltimore, Maryland
Hey man,
I'm not sure if you want to deal with me, but I have an '03 DJ2 in awesome shape. It's been reduced to like 80mm, but it's not a permanent reduction. It's easy to change back, and no extra parts are neccessary. Hit me up if interested

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
I highly recommend the Fox Talas RLC fork. You can dial it from about 85mm to 130mm and it feels just as good at both settings and everything in between.

Mike

NotQuiteJdm

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Maryland
Dartman said:
I highly recommend the Fox Talas RLC fork. You can dial it from about 85mm to 130mm and it feels just as good at both settings and everything in between.

Mike
thats way out of my price range, I really don't care about the "feel" or the adjustablity of suspension for street, the stiffer the better.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
hey man, if you are interested... i have the original fork that came with my old P3 . i believe it's a 100mm coil 2001 marzocchi z-3. i just had it overhauled recently before i bought the DJ1 that i ride from mpd510 and it's just been collecting dust (as a spare) in my apartment. it's scratched up like mad, but fully functional and ready to ride.

cut down to 7-3/4".

PM me... i'll sell it cheap!