Quantcast

In the new house!

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Computer is still in a box. But I'm at work (despite being on vacation) checking emails and faxes and making sure the bldg hasn't burned down

Anyone know how to take care of a pool? I'm swam in once...

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MMike said:
Computer is still in a box. But I'm at work (despite being on vacation) checking emails and faxes and making sure the bldg hasn't burned down

Anyone know how to take care of a pool? I'm swam in once...

takingcare of a pool is a royal pain in the arse, so much easier to just hire a pool boy....plus your wife will appreciate it(him)

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
Forget the pool boy, or even worrying about a chlorine based system. It may cost a bit up front, but it's worth it in the long run to go with a saltwater system. No, it's not like swimming in the ocean, the salt is actually minimal. The system is better on your skin and hair, and you don't have to store toxic chemicals- great if you have kids or pets.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
El Jefe said:
Forget the pool boy, or even worrying about a chlorine based system. It may cost a bit up front, but it's worth it in the long run to go with a saltwater system. No, it's not like swimming in the ocean, the salt is actually minimal. The system is better on your skin and hair, and you don't have to store toxic chemicals- great if you have kids or pets.
Just dump a gallon or two of iodine in the pool, that will safely kill all bacteria and give you the purple hair that so many trendy Canookians have.