Quantcast

$$$$ In the tropics Thursday GTM ¥¥¥¥

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Oh, I thought that the reference was to firmware in a lens itself.
Yes, it is. But the IS in the lens and the way the AF motors (located in the lens, at least for Canon, but I guess also Sony and Nikon) work together with the camera body's AF commands and IBIS play a role. This is why 3rd party lenses often do not work as well. Most of the newer lenses also have customizable buttons and rings and such that you can map any function from the camera to. If a new body with new functionality comes out, an update to the lense's firmware makes them play nicely together with the body's functions.
Example here:

Firmware Notice: RF70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM: Firmware Version 1.1.4

Firmware Version 1.1.4 incorporates the following enhancement:
Adds the ability to correct focus breathing during movie recording.
* Compatible with cameras that support focus breathing correction.
Firmware Version 1.1.4 is for lenses with firmware up to Version 1.1.1. If the lens' firmware is already Version 1.1.4, it is not necessary to update the firmware.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Today Boss: In addition to the priorities I just assigned you yesterday which were a priority over the previous priorities you were working on, please add this new project as a priority… but I won’t tell you where it ranks as a priority amongst the existing priorities.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Today Boss: In addition to the priorities I just assigned you yesterday which were a priority over the previous priorities you were working on, please add this new project as a priority… but I won’t tell you where it ranks as a priority amongst the existing priorities.
pull a westy, tell him about your bad experiences at trade shows in chicago

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Gonna rain in LA is coming. Deep into week 5 of single track slayer on zwift. never riding outside sort of blows. Had to get a bigger fuel pump for the S4. Shop is trying to sell me on injectors, maf, and intercoolers, maybe in October. Perhaps a single speed ride through Hollywood is in order this Saturday. Justifying a leap from $60 to $180 a day to keep a roof over head. At least my taxes are almost paid. Thinking honeymoon is going to be an African safari, so I should buy a hassleblad.

8534D6C0-BDF4-4000-979C-78CCB9377BD9_1_102_o.jpeg

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Made it about a third of the way. Not so much as really bad or even really, really bad, just your average bad. Not enough of a train wreck watching vibe to be engaging like 211. Better luck next time I suppose.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
"Bringing out the dead" saved me from the hell of trauma induced PTSD. I shit you not, I was in deep depression, bad call dreams, bad attitude. Then I watched it, laughed my ass off, then I realized it was me going though the same shit. I snapped out of my funk because of that movie.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

You should urgently make it a priority to prioritize your priorities.