Quantcast

"....Including ## children..."

BostonBullit

Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Medway, MA
not sure if this is political persay, but it's not in any way bike related so I figured I'd drop it here...

why exaclty is it that whenever I hear about an accident/fire/rampage/meteor strike in which people were injured/killed it's mandatory that the number of children involved be given in a seperate breakout?

"An early morning fire has claimed 3 lives today....including 2 children..."
"7 people, including 4 children, were injured when thier minivan rolled over..."

why don't we break it out fully for each report? "4 people -- one 32yo man, one 31yo woman, a 12yo boy and a 16yo male midgit with dimples were killed today when.."....

just a pet peeve, not sure why...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
<cue obligatory "won't someone think of the children" quote>

:D

BostonBullit

Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Medway, MA
Originally posted by Toshi
<cue obligatory "won't someone think of the children" quote>

:D
that's exactly what I hear in my head whenever I hear this stuff on the news...that lady from The Simpsons (Mrs Lovejoy?) screaming that...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by BostonBullit
that's exactly what I hear in my head whenever I hear this stuff on the news...that lady from The Simpsons (Mrs Lovejoy?) screaming that...
and that's why the simpsons are so good. and why conan o'brien is much funnier than the other late night hosts. why are the others even on the air? :o:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I think its funny when anyone under 21 years of age (gangsta's included) is considered to be a "child" when the liberals refer to gun death statistics...

BostonBullit

Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Medway, MA
Originally posted by N8
I think its funny when anyone under 21 years of age (gangsta's included) is considered to be a "child" when the liberals refer to gun death statistics...
I could also side track things with the fact that when you hear that "...you're blah times more likely to be shot by an aquaintance than an intruder..." that when those stats are compiled they use a rather loose definition of "aquaintaince. for instance if you are a crip and I am a blood and we have seen each other before we are "aquaintences"