Quantcast

Indieboy thanks

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Thanks i've now realized with your help the problem with my training plan and how the lenghths of workouts were not changing. I skipped a part in the book and now see how all the workout change in lenghth through out the week. So it's all good now i couldn't of done it without you.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
no problem duder. yeah every time i've read your post i noticed that training lengths weren't changing. the other problem i've seen is how you are basing your training. you should really be doing it by amount of time or in other words volume. increase times and the amount of time spent in specific zones instead of increasing milage.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Cool last year all i did was run a little each week to get ready to race than in the spring 1month before i started racing i did a 30km ride each day as hard as i could.
How's that for a crappy training plan.
Now that i'm really training properly i should be flying by next spring.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by JMAC
Cool last year all i did was run a little each week to get ready to race than in the spring 1month before i started racing i did a 30km ride each day as hard as i could.
How's that for a crappy training plan.
Now that i'm really training properly i should be flying by next spring.
yeah the only day i go the hardest is on race day. doing that for a week straight is noooooooooooot good for your body, and remember this, it's not always how hard you go but how quickly you recover. think about that for a little bit and it will start to make sense.