Quantcast

Inexpensive but extremely useful gadgets

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
what tech gadget for your computer, entertainment system, house, whatever do you use and think is really useful?

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
My $14 logitech optical mouse is pretty handy. Have you ever had your mouse die and try using a modern computer without a mouse? It's pretty tough, even with one of these new fangled windows keyboards.

I've got a USB Compact Flash reader that's a whole lot more convenient than dragging out my whole camera, prying off the cover, finding the cable deep in a drawer somewhere, plugging it in, pulling the computer away from the wall to plug in the USB cable (for some reason the ports on the front of my case won't do USB 2.0.) The card reader is so much easier to leave plugged in and just slip a card in whenever I need to.

I've got one of these too, not really a computer or electronics gadget, but one of my favorite tools...
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?cat=Power+Tool+Accessories&pid=00926343000&vertical=TOOL&subcat=Drill+Bits&BV_SessionID=@@@@0254396914.1181317055@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccheaddleflfijfcefecemldffidfmm.0

The little tool for drilling a pilot hole and driving drywall/wood screws is really handy.